Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 40,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooting android wear LG G Watch

Tip us?

jonathanxx1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Default Rooting android wear LG G Watch

I know it's very early to talk about that, the device just came out but do you guys think that root will be possible for these android wear devices and as a result some hack will be made possible?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

trh1341
Old
Thanks Meter 650

DONATE TO ME
Already done. I was just reading it. I'll find a link later
If I have helped you, please hit the thanks button!

I also have a PayPal. Check my profile for my email, or i can give it to you here (trh1341@gmail.com)
I am working on my development skills, but right now, I have dial up internet speed and old computer that makes it hard to build from source. I am also creating a couple ROMs(One ROM will focus on battery life, the other will focus on features) but I need help with money to get a better computer. Any help will be appreciated!.

hoseth0711
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Here you go: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/07...he-lg-g-watch/

mcnob
Old
Thanks Meter 21
As I think it says in that article, it's best to wait for now. There's nothing to be achieved by rooting yet and it'll be best to wait for the protection of SuperUser/Su.

Sent from Nexus 5 or 7.
Posted from either:

Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
Acer C720 Chromebook.....................(How much of a Google fanboy am I ?)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcnob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tomh1979
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnob View Post
As I think it says in that article, it's best to wait for now. There's nothing to be achieved by rooting yet and it'll be best to wait for the protection of SuperUser/Su.

Sent from Nexus 5 or 7.
well we could at least unlock the bootloader for now since that is the easiest thing to do and most certainly wise when we first unbox so we wont lose any data like if we have been using it for a few days.
Current device's:
1. Hammerhead (N5): stock rooted
2. Grouper: stock just as i love her.

trh1341
Old
Thanks Meter 650

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomh1979 View Post
well we could at least unlock the bootloader for now since that is the easiest thing to do and most certainly wise when we first unbox so we wont lose any data like if we have been using it for a few days.
On a watch there isn't very much data to be lost
If I have helped you, please hit the thanks button!

I also have a PayPal. Check my profile for my email, or i can give it to you here (trh1341@gmail.com)
I am working on my development skills, but right now, I have dial up internet speed and old computer that makes it hard to build from source. I am also creating a couple ROMs(One ROM will focus on battery life, the other will focus on features) but I need help with money to get a better computer. Any help will be appreciated!.

criticalsass
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I think I'll be doing it - with Chromecast there was an update released that blocked rooting on later versions - don't want to miss out!