Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

[Q] Watch command to turn on screen on phone?

OP esoh

11th July 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41

255 posts
I was able to use the watch today while driving and it was great. Nice to switch apps and send texts, navigate, send myself notes, etc.

Quick question. So if my phone screen is off and sitting in cradle, is there a watch command that I can "say" to turn the screen on my phone?

Thanks.
Last edited by esoh; 11th July 2014 at 07:31 PM.
11th July 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 84

511 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by esoh

I was able to use the watch today while driving and it was great. Nice to switch apps and send texts, navigate, send myself notes, etc.

Quick question. So if my screen is off and sitting in cradle, is there a watch command that I can "say" to turn the screen on my phone?

Thanks.

No, you have to tap the screen, or move the watch in a position like if you were gona talk to it. Wich is good, otherwise everyone would be able to start talking to your watch
11th July 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 10

211 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy79

No, you have to tap the screen, or move the watch in a position like if you were gona talk to it. Wich is good, otherwise everyone would be able to start talking to your watch

I think the question was in regards to controlling the phone via the watch commands.

I haven't seen anyway to turn the phone screen on by a watch command. Everything I've told to open on phone will keep the screen off but load it in the background for when you turn it on. My guess is so you don't tap something you don't want pulling it out of your pocket.
11th July 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #4  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 83

316 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by esoh

Quick question. So if my phone screen is off and sitting in cradle, is there a watch command that I can "say" to turn the screen on my phone?

Thanks.

Yes there is a way to do this. But it's a little more complicated. You will need tasker, autovoice and the xposed framework with the google now api module. Look over here and do the same with a tasker task to turn on the screen (secure settings plugin needed). I'm quite sure that's the only way, but you will have to disable ART and install all these apps (5 in total).
11th July 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 84

511 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsilver

I think the question was in regards to controlling the phone via the watch commands.

I haven't seen anyway to turn the phone screen on by a watch command. Everything I've told to open on phone will keep the screen off but load it in the background for when you turn it on. My guess is so you don't tap something you don't want pulling it out of your pocket.

You're right, I misread the question... The only app that opens on the phone and turns on the screen via a watch command here is my navigation from google maps (navigate home, navigate to work).
11th July 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41

255 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderflash

Yes there is a way to do this. But it's a little more complicated. You will need tasker, autovoice and the xposed framework with the google now api module. Look over here and do the same with a tasker task to turn on the screen (secure settings plugin needed). I'm quite sure that's the only way, but you will have to disable ART and install all these apps (5 in total).

Thanks for this, but I was hoping for something a bit more simpler, like "turn screen on."

I have been looking for a way to make suggestions to the Wear team but I haven't been able to find anything. Anyway, I thought that this would be a command that could be useful at some point.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread