Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 38,811 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] my watch doesn't vibrate?

Tip us?

JackHanAnLG
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Default [Q] my watch doesn't vibrate?

Hey guys. When I get a notification my watch doesn't vibrate. It does when I pull down to mute un-mute but not when I get a notification

I can't find anything in the app settings

J

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Luckyman79uk
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I'm pretty sure I had to set the app on my phone to vibrate to make the watch vibrate too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyman79uk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

demitrix
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Same here unless I'm just not feeling it. Can't find any settings to change it.

idle0095
Old
Thanks Meter 203
You have to make sure the app on the phone has Vib checked off. I also noticed facebook double vibs but hangouts and gmail dont.
GOOGLE Glass (The Glass Explorer Program)
Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
GEAR 2 & GEAR 2 NEO
Sony SW2 & Pebble Steel & Qualcomm Toq

Other Devices
LGG2 Verizon
Nexus 5 (Unlocked)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (VZW)
Nexus 7 2013
LG Optimus G Pro AT&T
HTC ONE AT&T
IPAD 4
LG NEXUS 4 AT&T
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (VZW)
HTC Droid DNA
Samsung Galaxy Note (AT&T)

Thanks for the F-Shack, Love Dirty Mike and the Boys

nkgangew
Old
Thanks Meter 47
mine was vibrating (softly like every one else's) and then it just stopped. I had the box checked and everything seemed to be in order. I had to do a factory reset on the watch and that fixed it

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

btw, I was trying to use the Nato watch straps like i did on my pebble, but the vibrations are so weak that I can't use Nato bands and still feel the vibrations. Any one else having vibration issues to this degree?

soundwave809
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkgangew View Post
mine was vibrating (softly like every one else's) and then it just stopped. I had the box checked and everything seemed to be in order. I had to do a factory reset on the watch and that fixed it

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

btw, I was trying to use the Nato watch straps like i did on my pebble, but the vibrations are so weak that I can't use Nato bands and still feel the vibrations. Any one else having vibration issues to this degree?
Yup, vibrations are way to soft or don't happen at all. The pebble was great with this never missed a notification. Hoping they put out some software update.

trh1341
Old
Thanks Meter 650

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwave809 View Post
Yup, vibrations are way to soft or don't happen at all. The pebble was great with this never missed a notification. Hoping they put out some software update.
There is already a Rom that helps with vibration
If I have helped you, please hit the thanks button!

I also have a PayPal. Check my profile for my email, or i can give it to you here (trh1341@gmail.com)
I am working on my development skills, but right now, I have dial up internet speed and old computer that makes it hard to build from source. I am also creating a couple ROMs(One ROM will focus on battery life, the other will focus on features) but I need help with money to get a better computer. Any help will be appreciated!.

spiderflash
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyman79uk View Post
I'm pretty sure I had to set the app on my phone to vibrate to make the watch vibrate too.
thanks, that fixed it for me. got the phone on vibrate now, but in the wear-app I chose to mute notifications. Now only my watch vibrates and it works all the time