Post Reply

LG G Watch/ android wear Apps and updates

OP francous

1st September 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #1  
francous's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lancaster Pa
Thanks Meter: 5
 
311 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
I use Hangouts for messaging, are there any other sms apps ppl like using that we could use our original phone number on the G watch that we can reply with?

I don't really like hangouts and how they don't show anything but Google contact photos. Just curious of to what everyone's setup is like. I'm really liking the G watch and the convenience of it, no question android wear has a long way to go.

Which apps do you find convenient and worth the download besides watch faces?
2nd September 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #2  
Kreateablaze's Avatar
Senior Member
pottstown
Thanks Meter: 204
 
485 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Evolve sms works perfectly

Sent from my One A0001 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Kreateablaze For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #3  
francous's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lancaster Pa
Thanks Meter: 5
 
311 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreateablaze

Evolve sms works perfectly

Sent from my One A0001 using Tapatalk

How do u like it compared to hangouts?
2nd September 2014, 09:31 PM   |  #4  
Kreateablaze's Avatar
Senior Member
pottstown
Thanks Meter: 204
 
485 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
I like it alot better. I don't use hangouts except for ingress related talk. Evolve sms is always being improved. I try to use other sms apps sometimes just to try something different but always go back to evolve

Sent from my One A0001 using Tapatalk
2nd September 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #5  
francous's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lancaster Pa
Thanks Meter: 5
 
311 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreateablaze

I like it alot better. I don't use hangouts except for ingress related talk. Evolve sms is always being improved. I try to use other sms apps sometimes just to try something different but always go back to evolve

Sent from my One A0001 using Tapatalk

Yeah i actually just downloaded it.. I can see why u like it.. It's real smooth and the ui looks great. Haven't tested it with the watch yet, but u do get full voice reply correct?
The Following User Says Thank You to francous For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #6  
Kreateablaze's Avatar
Senior Member
pottstown
Thanks Meter: 204
 
485 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by francous

Yeah i actually just downloaded it.. I can see why u like it.. It's real smooth and the ui looks great. Haven't tested it with the watch yet, but u do get full voice reply correct?

Yes I works perfectly with the watch.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
3rd September 2014, 07:34 AM   |  #7  
francous's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lancaster Pa
Thanks Meter: 5
 
311 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreateablaze

Yes I works perfectly with the watch.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Yeah i used it today at work. I'm definitely keeping it and using it over hangouts.. Its beautiful on my phone too.. Only thing I hope they add is being able to see the conversation on the watch.. There sas a couple times someone texted me back and I forgot what I said so u had to dig for my phone lol.. No biggie, but would be nice!
3rd September 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #8  
JoeFCaputo113's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,781
 
4,413 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
8sms. Way better than Evolve IMO. Evolve is horrid tbh after using it for a while you'll see lol.
3rd September 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #9  
francous's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Lancaster Pa
Thanks Meter: 5
 
311 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113

8sms. Way better than Evolve IMO. Evolve is horrid tbh after using it for a while you'll see lol.

Lol what makes you say that? And how is 8sms better?
3rd September 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #10  
JoeFCaputo113's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,781
 
4,413 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by francous

Lol what makes you say that? And how is 8sms better?

Just go look at the evolve g+ community it's nothing but bug complaints lol. MMS barely works, it's buggy as hell and the devs focus on aesthetics rather than a fully functioning app, it's crap IMO. 8sms keeps it simple and works 100% of the time.

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away

The Following User Says Thank You to JoeFCaputo113 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in G Watch Themes and Apps by ThreadRank