Post Reply

[APP] [4.4.X] [WIP] Android Wear Canned Responses

OP BMc08GT

23rd July 2014, 02:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Davenport
Thanks Meter: 41
 
71 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Just a little side project im working on. As the pictures show, this app will be Material Design inspired.


(ignore debugging toasts, and duplicate sms in conversation card (drawback of using your own number as the sender/recipient). Also noticed the reply screen has a limit on characters shown per item.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-24-18-10-13.png
Views:	1079
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	2869132   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-23-09-25-23.png
Views:	1013
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	2869133   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-23-09-25-34.png
Views:	934
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	2869134   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-23-09-25-31.png
Views:	863
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	2869135   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-24-18-09-19.png
Views:	832
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	2869136  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-24-16-56-42.png
Views:	810
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	2869137   Click image for larger version

Name:	notification.png
Views:	761
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	2870348   Click image for larger version

Name:	notification_convo.png
Views:	733
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	2870349   Click image for larger version

Name:	notification_action.png
Views:	714
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	2870350   Click image for larger version

Name:	notification_reply.png
Views:	2012
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	2870351  

Last edited by BMc08GT; 25th July 2014 at 08:47 PM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BMc08GT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #2  
JoeFCaputo113's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,776
 
4,404 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Cool!! How would this work though, because wouldn't the SMS apps themselves have to support the canned resposes? Or this its' own SMS app?

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away
23rd July 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Davenport
Thanks Meter: 41
 
71 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113

Cool!! How would this work though, because wouldn't the SMS apps themselves have to support the canned resposes? Or this its' own SMS app?

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away

Let me explain the process going on in the back end.

-SMS is received(hangouts only used so far)
-SMS sender address is grabbed from the SMS and the corresponding notification is cloned
-cloned notification is used to build a copy of the apps notification (including conversation page, if applicable) and the custom reply action is added.
-the new notification is only seen on the wearable, and is interact-able via voice or responses.


-only issue remaining is getting the original notification to clear only on the wearable so a seamless experience is provided.
Last edited by BMc08GT; 23rd July 2014 at 08:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to BMc08GT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #4  
JoeFCaputo113's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,776
 
4,404 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMc08GT

Let me explain the process going on in the back end.

-SMS is received(hangouts only used so far)
-SMS sender address is grabbed from the SMS and the corresponding notification is cloned
-cloned notification is used to build a copy of the apps notification (including conversation page, if applicable) and the custom reply action is added.
-the new notification is only seen on the wearable, and is interact-able via voice or responses.


-only issue remaining is getting the original notification to clear only on the wearable so a seamless experience is provided.

DUDE..... that is f*cking damn amazing!! Can I please beta test this??
24th July 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Davenport
Thanks Meter: 41
 
71 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113

DUDE..... that is f*cking damn amazing!! Can I please beta test this??

lol thanks. Once I work out a few more outstanding issues, , I might be doing a beta or it might be going right to the Play Store.
24th July 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #6  
JoeFCaputo113's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,776
 
4,404 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMc08GT

lol thanks. Once I work out a few more outstanding issues, , I might be doing a beta or it might be going right to the Play Store.

Awesome man!! Once that happens, please notify me by PM or mentioning me in a post!
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeFCaputo113 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th July 2014, 05:15 AM   |  #7  
mr pnut's Avatar
Senior Member
CALI
Thanks Meter: 390
 
1,095 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Nice stuff bro.........

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to mr pnut For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #8  
JoeFCaputo113's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,776
 
4,404 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Any updates buddy @BMc08GT ?!
28th July 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Davenport
Thanks Meter: 41
 
71 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113

Any updates buddy @BMc08GT ?!

Just about ready. Working on setting up pro version. Probably will be unlock key or something similar. So far pro will provide unlimited responses.
28th July 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #10  
JoeFCaputo113's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,776
 
4,404 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMc08GT

Just about ready. Working on setting up pro version. Probably will be unlock key or something similar. So far pro will provide unlimited responses.

Need a beta tester for either version?!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in G Watch Themes and Apps by ThreadRank