Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,117 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide]Revert To Stock With LG Software(Easy)

Tip us?

Rephosix
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Guide]Revert To Stock With LG Software(Easy)

So many people around here are having issues with KDZ, errors such as:
--Connections problem between PC and Phone
-Drivers problem.
-Cannot find the phone.
-Bricked too hard.
-Random chinese info stuff...
How did i find this solution ?
Quote:
After i copied the wrong aboot.bin to my device KDZ stopped working even after i repaired it.Why did i try to use KDZ after i repaired it?Well because i bricked it again by installing some modules that weren't compatible and it ended by deleting some of my system apps and also my navigation bar.So, i thought myself why LG designed an program for software update and why don't we use it?So i used B2CAppSetup, and not only that it fixed my device but also it reverted the firmware that i lost when i bricked my phone first time, because when i bricked it the first time i couldn't find the same KDZ i just flashed one that seemed compatible.I have to say it was way more faster and easier.
Let's get to the guide shall we?
Step 1 : Download B2CAppSetup( i attached it for ya )

Step 2a : Install it !

Warning Step 2 : If you already have KDZ installed using @hyelton method DON'T INSTALL IT!, you should already have it in your KDZ folder .

Step 2b (If you already have KDZ installed using @hyelton method and can't find B2CAppSetup) : Just delete it and install the program from here .

Step 3 : Open the program and plug your phone into the PC/Laptop whatever.

Step 3.1a: If you can boot up your phone( i mean if it's not bricked ) just select Software LG mode and in the B2CAppSetup window there should appear something like "Your phone has been discovered, do you want to install the driver?", you would say Yes and wait until the driver is installed.

Additional Info for Step 3.1a : For B2CAppSetup to find your phone you don't need only to have the Software LG mode enabled, you will also need the driver that should automatically install by itself.

Step 3.1b:If your device is bricked and can't boot you'll have to enter the Download Mode, to do that just keep holding the Vol. Up button while inserting the USB cable in the phone( The USB cable must be already plugged into the PC while doing that), and you keep it until you go into the Download Mode.

Step 4 : Now let's get the upgrade done. So basically since our phone has no firmware updates we have to trick the program. In the upper right corner you should see two options available, you are going to click on the one that says "Additional Functions"( the one in the left) and then select the second options that says something like "Recovery from an update error".

Step 5 : Now if you've followed as i've said it should be very easy from now on.The program will connect to the device and start downloading the right Firmware Update that you had when your phone first came.

WARING !!! : DURING THE INSTALLATION THE PROGRAM MAY GIVE YOU THIS ERROR " The device has been disconnected from the PC, do you want to abort the update" , you just let it that way because it will still be installing even if that error pops-up.

Step 5.1 : When the installation reaches like 80% your phone should boot up, but don't disconnect it yet, just wait until the program crashed itself,it should crash when it's 99%, after that you can unplug it.

Errors after installing:
1 )com.android.phone has stopped responding
2 )acore has stopped...
3 )contacts has stopped...
n )......
( and it keeps saying that without stopping and letting you do anything )
To fix it just, do a hard reset by using the stock recovery.

Hope this method helped you in any way since the links where we could download the KDZ files are mostly down and since the KDZ works when it want and how it want.Feel free to ask question.This method was tested on the D620.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	proof.PNG
Views:	37
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	2865097   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140722_182252.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	261.7 KB
ID:	2865098  
Attached Files
File Type: rar B2CAppSetup.rar - [Click for QR Code] (118.1 KB, 4 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Rephosix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rephosix
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
... and then select the second options that says something like "Recovery from an update error".
This is where the option should be .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140722_182252.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	260.2 KB
ID:	2865123