Avoid the quick circle case. It causes screen burn in.

Search This thread

Ken4G

Sep 7, 2011
Buffalo, NY USA
I've used the official quick circle case for about 9 months. I'm just now noticing a faint circle burned in to the screen. There is a barely visible thin bordered circle in the same spot where the white circle animation plays. Lame! :(

Ken4G

Sep 7, 2011
Buffalo, NY USA
Either that or the inner plastic circle piece physically wore out the screen. Either way, there is a dim circle visible now.

Ken4G

Sep 7, 2011
Buffalo, NY USA

painkillah

Mar 14, 2011
Besides this burn-in possibility, do any of you have problems with dust gathering between the screen and the quickcircle flap? It feels like something is giving off static and collecting dust from pockets. I carry my phone around in either jeans pocket or jacket pocket - different materials, and no, the pockets are not full of cookie crumbles or sand. The phone might be in the pocket for as little as few minutes, and when I take it out, you can see a clear coat of dust under the covers circle edges and at the top of the phone. No such problem without the cover.
Also, the plastic back of the cover is already pretty scratched, after about 2-3 weeks of use. Being the silver version, it really shows under light.
Quite bad for a 30 euro case, will probably revert to leather back. Would love to protect the screen though, but dont like any additional bulk.

bryguy9021

May 20, 2014
its just dirty im using a knock off one with the built in wireless charging. gotta clean it all the time

EllGuapo

Damn, I'm using the same (knockoff) one, but haven't noticed any problems. My phone had the hardware failure and Sprint just replaced it so I'm basically on a new one but it had the same serial #, same batch, so I wont' be surprised if it has more problems.

Ken4G

Sep 7, 2011
Buffalo, NY USA
Yeah, I got the dust circle all the time with the case. I actually looked closer at the surface of the screen and it isnt screen burn-in that I am seeing. The official LG circle case has worn away part of the screen in certain places. I think it is the hard clear plastic circle piece that they added around the inside of the circle. Lame! :(

It is barely visible, but just knowing that the screen is somewhat damaged from their official case bothers me. I wonder if it could be covered under warranty.