[FIX] SGS Touchscreen Booster - No more missing taps or touchscreen response delay

Search This thread
*If at all possible please donate to the person that created the application, you can pay via PayPal within the app*

No root required. I was able to install app from the Playstore, disregard that it mentions a Samsung phone. This website pretty much advises what settings to use and all.

Works in the meanwhile until an official fix is released for all of us G4 owners. Night and day difference.

You don't have to use the specific settings in the website, I've found some values myself that have worked well but it's a good starting point.

1.) Enable parameters
2.) Don't forget within the app to 'start service on boot'
3.) Reboot phone and enjoy a better phone experience

http://www.wiredchronicle.com/easy-fix-lg-g4-slow-touch-screen-response/

Test the difference within your phones settings: http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-access-the-android-lollipop-easter-egg/

My Settings:
tapatalk_1435636811570.jpg

.: Sent from an optimized 'ANDROID til I die' device :.

Last edited:

Eric618

Nov 15, 2011
I tried it and saw no difference. Even tried extreme settings, just to see what was altered. Not a bit of difference.

I tried it and saw no difference. Even tried extreme settings, just to see what was altered. Not a bit of difference.

After setting the parameters and checking the enable on boot you must restart the phone.

If you still see no difference I would look into exchanging the unit

Reactions: Eric618

Z3ldaFan88

Apr 9, 2015
Fort Fairfield
I tried this app before and found no difference either. What did seem to help though (at least in my experience) was I just opted to do a full system reset, since then I have had no lag or missed touches or anything negative with my device.

Reactions: legend221

Phone_Junkie

Jul 21, 2010
Chicago Area
This app actually made a big difference for me. Thank you OP. I'd been thinking of a factory reset as I've seen a few people mention that clearing the issue but I'm good for now.

As you said, night and day difference.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Reactions: legend221

dsEVOlve

Sep 2, 2010
I tried this app before and found no difference either. What did seem to help though (at least in my experience) was I just opted to do a full system reset, since then I have had no lag or missed touches or anything negative with my device.

How did you go about backing up app data (if you did). I'm kinda lost without Titanium Backup in my toolbox :confused:

Sent from my VS986 using xda premium

It might not work for everyone, unfortunately there are many that see threads like this and never post that it works.

I've done so myself once or twice in the past.

Can say for a fact that it's helped another user above and that's why I post in the 1st place.

All I can say about that is that some units may be too messed up to even fix, for them I would recommend swapping out for another device before the 14 day return is up. I noticed a huge difference in screen response taps and swipes.

I'll post my specific settings once I turn on my device, I installed my Skinomi Tech Glass today and want it to settle before I use it again.

Phone_Junkie

Jul 21, 2010
Chicago Area
I'll be interested to see what settings you find to be optimal. I didn't change anything. I just started the app, set to start on boot, restarted my phone and the response is phenomenal.

I'm willing to tweak some but I'm liking it as is.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Z3ldaFan88

Apr 9, 2015
Fort Fairfield
How did you go about backing up app data (if you did). I'm kinda lost without Titanium Backup in my toolbox :confused:

Sent from my VS986 using xda premium

As far as backing up my app date, with US Cellular I have a stock bloat-app that allows me to back up stuff.

Only thing I may suggest for you is to get one of the Non-Root App2SD apps, install all your apps to the SD card and then reset the phone without having to touch your apps.

johnny8910

Nov 11, 2010
Swindon
I was using it on 10a firmware and did notice an improvement.
Since updating to 10c, I don't use this app anymore, as I do not have any issues with missed taps.

Last edited:

Z3ldaFan88

Apr 9, 2015
Fort Fairfield
I was using it on 10a firmware and did notice an improvement.
Since updating to 10c, I don't use this app anymore, as I do not have any issues with missed taps anymore.

I have heard others say this as well, I do not want to update though as I do not know what all is hidden within the update, and I do not want to risk blocking any exploits or anything like that.

johnny8910

Nov 11, 2010
Swindon
I'm already rooted & unlocked as I have h815 GB version.
I flashed 10c from autoprime and runs nice.
Not sure if updating from lg will block any exploits?
Might be worth asking one of the devs??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *If at all possible please donate to the person that created the application, you can pay via PayPal within the app*

No root required. I was able to install app from the Playstore, disregard that it mentions a Samsung phone. This website pretty much advises what settings to use and all.

Works in the meanwhile until an official fix is released for all of us G4 owners. Night and day difference.

You don't have to use the specific settings in the website, I've found some values myself that have worked well but it's a good starting point.

1.) Enable parameters
    2.) Don't forget within the app to 'start service on boot'
    3.) Reboot phone and enjoy a better phone experience

http://www.wiredchronicle.com/easy-fix-lg-g4-slow-touch-screen-response/

Test the difference within your phones settings: http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-access-the-android-lollipop-easter-egg/

My Settings:
    tapatalk_1435636811570.jpg

I had installed this software and used the Optimized setting. Dont remember if I rebooted.

It improved very slightly, but using the knock code was still unreliable.

Changed settings to what the OP suggests, rebooted, and voila. So far its been perfect. Even tapping slightly, the phone will turn on as expected.

After setting the parameters and checking the enable on boot you must restart the phone.

If you still see no difference I would look into exchanging the unit

I gave this a try and noticed zero difference. It's purely placebo effect.

Just because it didn't work for you, doesn't mean it couldn't for others. Many people swear they've never had a problem in the first place while others say it has haunted them from day 1. Obviously, not everyone is having the same experience regarding missed taps on this phone.