FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do your G4 Misses or Unresponsive to Touch?

Yes. I Have Tempered Glass on The Screen.

235 Vote(s)
24.13%
Yes. I Have Clear Plastic Screen Protector.

104 Vote(s)
10.68%
Yes. I Have Matte Screen Protector.

10 Vote(s)
1.03%
Yes. I Have Naked Screen.

300 Vote(s)
30.80%
No. I Have No Issue Whatsoever.

325 Vote(s)
33.37%

[Poll] Does Your G4 Miss or Unresponsive to Touch?

733 posts
Thanks Meter: 118

By liamR, Senior Member on 9th June 2015, 04:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Guys,

I noticed that there are more than one threads about this problem so I want to try collecting some information about it and see how many users affected by it. The purpose of this thread and poll is to take the outcome and contact LG and some Tech news websites, making LG respond to this issue ASAP.

If you not sure about having this issue, you can check it as follows (it worked for me) -

1. Open the Dialer and enter 277634#*# to enter the Service Menu.
2. Go to Device Test -> Service Menu - Manual Test -> Touch Draw Test - Manual.
3. Now touch/tap/knock/slide on the test area (all of it) until its almost full and watch for missing registration (you will touch the screen and there will be no red mark). I repeated the test several times and almost every time I had misses.

You can add the device model (H815/H815x/H812/H811/H810/LS991/VS986/US991) and more information in the comments .

I have the international H815 and this issue killing my Knock Code experience (Had the G3 without any issue).

Thanks

Edit:

I found a video that demonstrate the issue (it's not my making, but I do have the same issue) .

The app in the video is Multitouch Test and can be download here -

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...touchpro.tests

Another video demonstrating the issue (G4 on the left and G3 on the right) -

Another test by coolmaster121

Edit #2:

I sent emails to some Tech news websites, here is the first reports (thank you Android Authority and GsmArena!) -

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-g...issues-616662/

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g4_report...news-12651.php

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Issue...screen_id70436

Update [6/18]:

According to Android Police LG US knows about the problem and they're looking into it.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/06...oking-into-it/

Keep posting your experience and updates until they will issue a fix.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to liamR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift liamR Ad-Free

9th June 2015, 05:03 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
That service menu option doesn't work for me On the H810 AT&T variant.

I am still getting missed taps. Debating swapping phones when I get back from work travel. It's very random when it will occur.
9th June 2015, 05:05 PM |#3  
Flag Nevada City, CA
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamR

Hi Guys,

I noticed that there are more than one threads about this problem so I want to try collecting some information about it and see how many users affected by it. The purpose of this thread and poll is to take the outcome and contact LG and some Tech news websites, making LG respond to this issue ASAP.

If you not sure about having this issue, you can check it as follows (it worked for me) -

1. Open the Dialer and enter 277634#*# to enter the Service Menu.
2. Go to Device Test -> Service Menu - Manual Test -> Touch Draw Test - Manual.
3. Now touch/knock/slide on the test area (all of it) until its almost full and watch for missing registration (you will touch the screen and there will be no red mark). I repeated the test several times and almost every time I had misses.

You can add the device model (H815/H815x/H812/H811/H810/LS991/VS986/US991) and more information in the comments .

Thanks

Device Test is missing from my Service menu on H811
The Following User Says Thank You to coolmaster121 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coolmaster121 Ad-Free
9th June 2015, 05:16 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Maybe you can try 3845#*Model# (ex: 3845#*811#).
9th June 2015, 05:53 PM |#5  
Flag Hollis, NY
Thanks Meter: 57

More
I have the VS986 version and I have a Mime tempered glass protector.

Noticing miss taps and the scrolling isn't fluid very choppy.
The Following User Says Thank You to scrillakev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scrillakev Ad-Free
9th June 2015, 06:02 PM |#6  
Flag Dover, NH
Thanks Meter: 979

More
I've noticed a few missed taps, and I don't have anything on the screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to geoff5093 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geoff5093 Ad-Free
9th June 2015, 06:14 PM |#7  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 225

Donate to Me
More
it is happening on all lg g4s currently. im sure there will be a bug fix soon. maybe when we move up to 5.1.1
9th June 2015, 06:22 PM |#8  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 230

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerflash

it is happening on all lg g4s currently. im sure there will be a bug fix soon. maybe when we move up to 5.1.1

I don't have any issues on my TMO variant though.
9th June 2015, 06:23 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerflash

I really hope so. Maybe if they will see it's a major issue they will come out with a fix asap. For now they're (LG) saying they don't know about it and there aren't complaints from users.
9th June 2015, 06:35 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
LG will claim they don't know about it until we raise a storm on social media, support cases, etc. So we need to organize an effort to make things happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to prosive For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift prosive Ad-Free
9th June 2015, 06:52 PM |#11  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Mine's not severe, on the edges, more than anything. Most noticeable when typing "p". I know it's there so I watch for it. Other pretty solid device for me (other than no Gmail notifications, but I'm not posting about that).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)