[Q] CM7 giving headache, need advice

18th July 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi there!

After having a lot of trouble with the default rom of my phone (reboots, frozen screens, wifi not connecting, etc), I decided to try my luck with other roms. After a few tries, I decided to try CyanogenMod 7, and I installed the psyke83 rom. But now I can't install certain apps. I tried from the play store, and tried direct from an .apk. Nothing: the phone reboots as soon as the app starts to install.

And I'm getting tired of this things. I don't want to go back to stock, with all the samsung apps consuming space and instability, but CM7 isn't making things easier for me, if I can't install apps (and essential apps like Maps).
Also, the thought of re-installing some apps, doing the setups allllll over again, fixing the agenda... any way to make a backup of all that things? I've read that Titanium Backup isn't worth it anymore.

So... What should I do? Stick to CM7 (3.0) and forget about installing apps? Go back to stock? Installing a new rom (recommendations will be appreciated)?
18th July 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 109

545 posts
More
Have you installed gapps?
"Maps" won't install without them.

2 good roms are CM11 and OmniROM 4.4
Their latest versions are stable and they are based on android Kit Kat (4.4.4).
You can find them at madteam.co

Sent from my D620R [Stock 4.4.2]
18th July 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Yup, after installing the rom, I installed gapps. Searching the forums, a lot of people recommended to reinstall it, and I re-downloaded it from MAD Manager.

But nothing. I was thinking of deleting the play store updates, then rebooting and installing gapps..
7th August 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnak

Yup, after installing the rom, I installed gapps. Searching the forums, a lot of people recommended to reinstall it, and I re-downloaded it from MAD Manager.

But nothing. I was thinking of deleting the play store updates, then rebooting and installing gapps..

https://www.clockworkmod.com/rommana...ceName=Samsung
best rom give it a try download speedmod v2 gapps and hotfix install via zip files.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy 5 I5500 General by ThreadRank