[Q] E: Can't mount /sdcard/ in CWM-based Recovery

Search This thread

lilia_fellini

Oct 18, 2014
I have attempted to upgrade my Android 2.3.6 to 4.2. I am currently in CWM-based Recovery Mode (CWM v5.0.2.8) having wiped data/factory reset and cache partition as well as Dalvik Cache. I understand this means I currently have no OS on my mobile (Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500)

I have copied new ROM.zip to my micro-SD card.

When I go to install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard I get an error <E:Can't mount /sdcard/>

I have formatted the micro-SD card to FAT32 and FAT - none solved this problem.

I have then used ADB to push ROM.zip to /data/media as well as /sdcard/ - which are as I understand folders on the internal SD card (correct me if I am wrong)

I am positive I have have ROM.zip in both of the above locations as ADB reported back file size and transfer time after every push.

However, when I go to choose zip from internal sdcard, I cannot find ROM.zip in any of the folders. In fact, I am not even sure I am looking in the right locations, because the folder names do not correspond to those shown in ADB shell

I cannot mount sdcard under "Mounts and Storage Menu" - <Error mounting /sdcard>
I cannot mount USB storage <E:unable to write to ums lunfile (No such file or directory)>

Where do I find my ROM.zip in CWM recovery? The menu seem to have very limited options.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 57