Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,079 Members 50,552 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from Furrydaus: Release of Alpha

[PORT][CM11s][ROM][4.4]CM11s for CODINA by |FORCEware|

Tip us?

Furrydaus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 402

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddytsen View Post
Some would say you deserved it..
Please don't reply to that kind of replies. It's best to leave them alone and move on

Regards,
Furrydaus

Sent with the XDA Premium Application for the XPERIA SP running CM11s

| Youtube | XDA Profile | FORCEware | XSP ULTIMATE NOOBS GUIDE TO ROOTING |

Forum RULES

MAY BE INACTIVE DUE TO EXAMINATIONS AND OFFICIAL MATTERS TILL OCTOBER.
Let's make the XDA Forums and the world a better place for you and me by staying cheerful!
Hit the THANKS button to help support devs and me on XDA! Don't be an ungrateful user!

teddytsen
Old
Thanks Meter 1,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furrydaus View Post
Please don't reply to that kind of replies. It's best to leave them alone and move on

Regards,
Furrydaus

Fine by me
Galaxy Ace 2
Rom: Resurrection Remix
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: CWM
Theme

My works for Galaxy Ace 2
Android Open Kang Project 4.4
Ported Android Open Kang Project
Ported Carbon 4.4.2
MIUI v5
Resurrection Remix Kitkat

batlin
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Refer to the recent lengthy post I've posted in page 3

Yes, site THREE (3).

I wouldn't complain IF you wrote it in OP.

Instead of quoting bunch of useless licenses, you should write "big red" NOT TESTED in OP.

Some people just love to be a guinea pigs and installing every released ROM, but you have to understand, that people consider everything posted in development section to (at least) working/booting.

I don't support using bad language, but... people have right to complain just the same way as you have right to release UNTESTED things... (even if you do it for free).

It's always good to see new dev in our device section (even if he/she is just learning), but we have to keep some standards. Those standards were broken when people that didn't have codinas started to release untested ROMs (some of them have "personal" testers though, and - most important - making ROMs for similar devices - they have big chance to make working ROM).

You said, you wanted to learn how to make samsung custom ROMs - great, but as i said - you should test if it* (at least) is booting.

Sometime is better to focus on device you OWN instead to making other devices users happy by force...

@danny19901

Nfc.apk is present in sources of many ROMs, i don't think it's a factor here... AFAIR - i deleted it using option in local manifest in my ROMs...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to batlin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danny19901
Old
Thanks Meter 287

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by batlin View Post
Yes, site THREE (3).

I wouldn't complain IF you wrote it in OP.

Instead of quoting bunch of useless licenses, you should write "big red" NOT TESTED in OP.

Some people just love to be a guinea pigs and installing every released ROM, but you have to understand, that people consider everything posted in development section to (at least) working/booting.

I don't support using bad language, but... people have right to complain just the same way as you have right to release UNTESTED things... (even if you do it for free).

It's always good to see new dev in our device section (even if he/she is just learning), but we have to keep some standards. Those standards were broken when people that didn't have codinas started to release untested ROMs (some of them have "personal" testers though, and - most important - making ROMs for similar devices - they have big chance to make working ROM).

You said, you wanted to learn how to make samsung custom ROMs - great, but as i said - you should test if it* (at least) is booting.

Sometime is better to focus on device you OWN instead to making other devices users happy by force...

@danny19901

Nfc.apk is present in sources of many ROMs, i don't think it's a factor here... AFAIR - i deleted it using option in local manifest in my ROMs...
I know where everyone is coming from yes the ROM didn't boot but move on stuff like this happens when I had P880 it takes for it to get a working slimkat ROM as it wouldn't boot at all and when it finally booted it was unusable and stable but all devs and XDA members tried helping out with it to make it stable and the developer for was a well known dev

Furrydaus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 402

DONATE TO ME
ROM closed until I've get to be more used to Samsung firmwares. Until then, thread will be deleted to prevent more people getting frustrated. I am not willing to develop for codina anymore as I've seem to learn that this device is more difficult to develop than newer ones. Maybe I'll come back. Just maybe but not now. Sorry for the disappointment.

Forum RULES

Let's make the XDA Forums and the world a better place for you and me by staying cheerful!
Hit the THANKS button to help support devs and me on XDA! Don't be an ungrateful user!

danny19901
Old
(Last edited by danny19901; 5th September 2014 at 02:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 287

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
ROM closed until I've get to be more used to Samsung firmwares. Until then, thread will be deleted to prevent more people getting frustrated. I am not willing to develop for codina anymore as I've seem to learn that this device is more difficult to develop than newer ones. Maybe I'll come back. Just maybe but not now. Sorry for the disappointment.

Try talking to codina devs they maybe able to help out rather than facing problems on your own

Shame was looking forward to this how about try make a different ROM for time being I can test for you

Furrydaus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 402

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny19901 View Post
Try talking to codina devs they maybe able to help out rather than facing problems on your own
Nope. Sorry. Already requested mods to close the thread

Forum RULES

Nathanabrahams
Old
Thanks Meter 55
I'm not being Funny or anything ... But you can't just do that you at least need to talk with actual developers in order to solve problems ... They have experience that will be handful to you and you just want to do it on your own. On the other hand I do understand it to a point because doing it yourself will make it more worth while ... How ever progress will be forever and that won't sort anything.
Current ROM - AOSPA - Shine911
Devices: Samsung Galaxy Ace II (GT-i8160)
The Following User Says Thank You to Nathanabrahams For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danny19901
Old
Thanks Meter 287

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanabrahams View Post
I'm not being Funny or anything ... But you can't just do that you at least need to talk with actual developers in order to solve problems ... They have experience that will be handful to you and you just want to do it on your own. On the other hand I do understand it to a point because doing it yourself will make it more worth while ... How ever progress will be forever and that won't sort anything.
True nicely said doing something on own may not accomplish anything and it may end up you will release nothing and move onto something different

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 26,164

DONATE TO ME
Thread closed at OP's request

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe