Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Need advice RE: KitKat ROM for Galaxy Ace 2 GT-i8160

OP Andaho

27th June 2014, 12:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

45 posts
Sorry if this has been asked many times in the past, but I cannot find anyone asking recently...

My girlfriend has the official jellybean 4.1.2 installed on her UK Ace 2 GT-i8160, but it often freezes up or lags when doing simple tasks... she was thinking of getting me to downgrade it back to gingerbread, but I wondered if getting one of the kitkat roms would be better?

The requirements are simple.... the most stable and reliable kitkat rom for a UK Ace 2 GT-i8160.

I've been reading and searching the forums for the last couple hours... but I just keep getting more and more confused.

Can anyone help?

EDIT/UPDATE:

CM11 looks like it's the most worked on mod, but I'm confused as to why there are so many 'stable' and 'fully working' releases, when the next update lists a few fixes... so it obviously wasn't 'fully working'? :S

Is the last version of 4.4.3 more stable than the latest 4.4.4? or perhaps a lower version than that?

Or perhaps CM10.2 would be better? - as I stated above, I just want the phone to be as stable and reliable as possible... the official jellybean rom is a joke, and gingerbread wasn't much better.
Last edited by Andaho; 27th June 2014 at 12:36 AM. Reason: asked more detail
27th June 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

45 posts
No replies, but ok...

I've spent about 10 hours reading threads about different roms, but it would have been nice if someone could have pointed me in the right direction to save some of that time. If anyone else is wanting the most stable custom ROM for their Ace 2, go for 4.3.1 TeamCanjica CyanogenMod 10.2.

I've just installed it and it works like a dream so far... like getting a brand new phone

Doesn't even need to be rooted, very simple to install through the standard recovery menu.
Last edited by Andaho; 27th June 2014 at 03:00 PM.
29th June 2014, 05:04 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andaho

No replies, but ok...

I've spent about 10 hours reading threads about different roms, but it would have been nice if someone could have pointed me in the right direction to save some of that time. If anyone else is wanting the most stable custom ROM for their Ace 2, go for 4.3.1 TeamCanjica CyanogenMod 10.2.

I've just installed it and it works like a dream so far... like getting a brand new phone

Doesn't even need to be rooted, very simple to install through the standard recovery menu.

thanks,will try out as i also faced the same issues after upgraded to jellybean.
30th June 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

46 posts
Most stable KitKat ROM for Ace 2 is AOSP ROM. No Custom ROM can beat its stability....

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ace 2, custom rom, kitkat
Previous Thread Next Thread