[Q&A] [Kernel] [3.2.0] Chrono kernel R2.2

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [Kernel] [3.2.0] Chrono kernel R2.2

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [Kernel] [3.2.0] Chrono kernel R2.2. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

NeosHaruki

Oct 6, 2014
the chrono_kernel_r2.2.2-hybrid_4.1.2_twrp.zip for cordina was a little interesting on the lite rom. Not sure how to explain it but, when I am using my phone the screen would randomly sleep but it would go slowly, it's as if it was burned

Alxndr_K

Sep 9, 2013
Saint-P.
>>Instruction: run avs_generator.sh, find /sdcard/liveopp_avs, then run it.

Did I understand correctly, if I reboot my phone, I need to re-run liveopp_avs?

fluffi444

Nov 19, 2012
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy S9+

Yes - Try it for a day or more. If the values are stable you can move it in systen/etc/init.d (and set correct rights).
Then the phone loads the values at system start...

roanepv

Jun 12, 2014
Lisbon
Currently using JB 4.1.2

I'm currently using JB 4.1.2 with Chrono r2.2-hybrid and i wan't to flash to the last version ( 2.5.1 )

How can i flash this kernel without any error's?

kheniu

Nov 10, 2014

In 2.5 or 2.5.1 I have a very lag in GUI and sometimes systemui was stopped ;/ I reintall CM11 and everythink i've done the instruction. There any solution?

Wickie69

Apr 9, 2014
München
You have written, that you ever replace the stock equalizer with 4va.
Which Version do you use?
BTW Thanks for your great kernel
It works fine with (184-1000,zen,noop) for listening music and internet.
I´m very happy with it.

forbidden8

Feb 9, 2011
Burgas
Which ver. is best, battery/performance, for stock 4.1.2?
Edit: How to enable 720p videos on Youtube?
Thx.

Last edited:

bazsiiii

Nov 24, 2014
wifi problem

Someone perceived wifi problem (dont switch on ) after install universal kernel ????

mantukis5000

Dec 6, 2013
Hello,
I have some questions about installation of your kernel:
Will chrono work on galaxy ace 2 with cyanogenmod 10.2?
What files I have to download if I want ace 2 with ext4?

RAPXT

Nov 30, 2014
Hi, i´m a long time reader of this thread and am writing now because i´ve some serious troubles getting my phone (I8160) to working.

Could please someone explain me step for step and in which order how to install CM11 + Chrono Kernel 2.7.3 + GAPPS + F2FS + ART + more space on internal memory (2-3 GB)?
I´ve tried it many times before but something didn´t work always.

Thank you for your efforts and sorry for my bad english.

Tree4ever

Nov 17, 2014
Dortmund
I try to install the chrono_kernel_r2.7.2.zip after the instruction from #1 but it don`t work.I have tried about 10 or 15 times.Can someone give me the complete installation process?If it can be found here on other place,than sorry.The r1.6.3_4.4.x_twrp_f2fs.zip works well.My Rom is the CARBON-KK-BUID18-20141122-codina.zip. :cool:

Nakedass

Feb 11, 2014
someone help me

How do install Chrono kernel, i follow the instructions, but my rom doesnt boot. Plz help!!! Rom: CPA 8.50

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes - Try it for a day or more. If the values are stable you can move it in systen/etc/init.d (and set correct rights).
    Then the phone loads the values at system start...
    I am using 2.22.6 my wifi still doesn't work :/ :confused: /system have enough space (57 mb free)

Just install kernel over existing installation or just extract dhd.ko and manually put in /system/lib/modules.
    i got this error...

setting permission :
    set-metadata-recursive: some changes failed
    E: Eror in storage/sdcard1/gapps.zip (status 7)

Are you sure that you're installing correct version? As status 7 error happens to prevent incompatible version being installed.
    I am using stock jb and stock kernel. When i install your kernel wifi don't work. I installed 1,5 - 2,1,5 -2,2,2 - 2,19,1 - 2,19,4 - 2,22 but dont working all. Why do you think?

Check whether module /system/lib/modules/dhd.ko exists, or what's better has /system enough space for modules.
    hello
    sorry if im interupt advanced discusisson here...
    i'm stuck on stock rom JB 4.1.2 due the S6d driver problem
    for now im using chrono_kernel_r2.2.2-hybrid_4.1.2_twrp.zip, its fast and smooth.. :)
    my question is ?
    is it the last kernel i can use or i can use universal kernel
    1. if i can use universal kernel... please show me the step and
    2. can i use F2FS format with stock kernel (i have remove bloatware) ?
    3. when im open chronokernel apps theres a pop up said " Chronokernel is not installed on your device"

thank you for your hard and wonderfull jobs

cheers :)
    Latest kernel is R2.22.2, check main topic in development forum.
    1. yes you can. I am afraid there's nothing to describe since it only requires simple flashing.
    2. AFAIK it doesn't support it. At least you can;t use it on /system. If you want, follow instruction in topic, to check whether it's possible to use it on /data and /cache.
    3. I guess you're using too old kernel version.
    Lates version is good. Try it bro :) and try OGyoutube or sth.
    Is r3.1 version working on Omni LP 5.1.1? I can't run your kernel on this ROM since version 2.24.7 (included).

Yes and not. Uploaded r3.1 package doesn't contain needed ramdisk for OmniROM 5.1.1, but ROM package - does. Extract osfiles/omni_5.1.1.cpio.gz from ROM zip, put in kernel installer with replacing osfiles/5.1.x/5.1.x.cpio.gz and flash kernel.