[Q&A] [JB] CWM Recovery 6

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [JB] CWM Recovery 6

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [JB] CWM Recovery 6. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

mohonk

Dec 28, 2013
stock recovery shows data I thought I deleted

you just flash cwm (update.zip) in stock recovery and thats it, theres no permanent unless you flash d kernel. this thread's cwm is temporary. so you have to flash everytime you want to e=access cwm from stock recovery

Hi all

i copied update.zip to my SD card but the stock recovery shows me data (I thought) I deleted instead of update.zip when entering 'apply update from external storage'.
I already formated the SD card with the Galaxy Ace 2 and my Fairphone, as well as deleted all(?) data from the SD card when the phone incl. SD card (Ace 2 and Fairphone) was plugged to a laptop (Win XP and Ubuntu).
The Fairphone stock recovery shows the data I expect on the SD card but the Galaxy Ace 2 stock recovery still shows the 'outdated' data. Any idea what goes wrong and how it can be fixed?

The Galaxy Ace 2 (GT-I8160P) runs the 'Samsung' Android 4.1.2, baseband version I8160PXXMF1.

gnuuser

Apr 12, 2015
Malware

Hey,

I can not download the update.zip file, beause firefox is warning me before some malware crap.
Could you please send post it on another server? I really need it...

Thanks