Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 54,054 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Will swapping storage corrupt my data?

Tip us?

soko3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Will swapping storage corrupt my data?

As title says, i'm curious if swapping storages would corrupt data on both sdcard0 and sdcard1, or should i format sdcard before swapping (i haven't any apps on sdcard, they're all on internal storrage)
I'm on TeamCanjica's CM 11 (4.4.3).

Ryccardo
Old
Thanks Meter 123

DONATE TO ME
For all I've read and personally experienced, of all the issues with swapping, this isn't one
Motorola International 8700 (first phone sold in Italy to send SMS) [half bricked] > Acer ? [returned] > Siemens S35i [good] > Samsung SGH-? [stolen] > Nokia 3220 [mostly still OK] > Motorola RAZR [still OK] > iPhone 3G S [2 batteries worn out] > iPhone 4S [I gave up after iOS 7, still has 10 months of warranty] > Samsung Ace 2 i8160 [won at Samsung giveaway, still works fine, CM10.1] > Sony Xperia U [modified Sony 2.3.7]

soko3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryccardo View Post
For all I've read and personally experienced, of all the issues with swapping, this isn't one
So, it's safe to swap (to install Asphalt 7 )
All my pics, music and docs won't be deleted or damaged?

Ryccardo
Old
Thanks Meter 123

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by soko3 View Post
So, it's safe to swap (to install Asphalt 7 )
All my pics, music and docs won't be deleted or damaged?
Media files are definitely safe (the system might get confused if you have some apps already moved to the soon-to-be-primary-storage external card... maybe), but does this mean you're not making backups reasonably often?
Motorola International 8700 (first phone sold in Italy to send SMS) [half bricked] > Acer ? [returned] > Siemens S35i [good] > Samsung SGH-? [stolen] > Nokia 3220 [mostly still OK] > Motorola RAZR [still OK] > iPhone 3G S [2 batteries worn out] > iPhone 4S [I gave up after iOS 7, still has 10 months of warranty] > Samsung Ace 2 i8160 [won at Samsung giveaway, still works fine, CM10.1] > Sony Xperia U [modified Sony 2.3.7]

soko3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryccardo View Post
Media files are definitely safe (the system might get confused if you have some apps already moved to the soon-to-be-primary-storage external card... maybe), but does this mean you're not making backups reasonably often?
I swapped, and if someone wants to know, I DON'T KNOW HOW BUT SOME APPS WORKS EVEN WITH SWAPPED STORRAGE and uses external SD (sdcard1)

billballboll
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How can you swap storage ?
Tags
cyanogenmod, memory, storrage, swap storrage