ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Issues with SD-Card/Camera in Cyanogenmod 11

OP Nekrok

26th August 2014, 07:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Modded my first phone, no I am quite inexperienced:

I installed Cyanogenmod successfully. Unfortunately the camera terminates right after I start it. My guess is, it has something to do with the SD-card. A different Camera app from the PlayStore shows an image at least but prompts me to insert an external storage (sd card) before it can take a picture.
Actually there is a new sd-card with 16 GB inserted. I can access and browse it in the file manager and in Settings -> Storage the sd-cards size is recognized an I can mount/unmount and erase it.

Changing from Android 4.1.2 I did this way:
rootet like this, installed this custom recovery and then installed Cyanogenmod by Macclaw following this tutorial + GAppsMicro.

Due to my problems I wiped everything again and installed Cyanogenmod 11 by TeamCanjica. But same problems there.
Last edited by Nekrok; 26th August 2014 at 10:11 AM.
26th August 2014, 09:23 AM   |  #2  

2 posts
Hello,
I have exactly the same issue.
I went to newest version of [ROM][4.4.4][TeamCanjica] CyanogenMod 11.0 (cm-11-20140807-UNOFFICIAL-codina.zip) + Micro package of GAPPs due to free Space on internal storage.

However after installation of the new system I realized the issue with Camera / Gallery what seems to be caused by a not correctly recognized external SD card: Error message: "No external storage available"

I red some Threads about this issue and have already tried following without any success:Does anybody have a different idea to fix this issue?

Any idea is more than welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Bastian
26th August 2014, 10:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Now I tried CyanogenMod 10.2 by TeamCanjica. Camera asked for sdcard again... although inserted. But some moments later it suddenly worked... :/
26th August 2014, 12:33 PM   |  #4  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrok

Now I tried CyanogenMod 10.2 by TeamCanjica. Camera asked for sdcard again... although inserted. But some moments later it suddenly worked... :/

For me it works also with 10.2. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread