[Q] Galaxy Ace s5830 does not detect USB

Search This thread

syedrakib

Jan 13, 2011
Solved my Problem

i solved it. It was nothing related to Kies or Windows or Mac or Linux or libusb upgrade/downgrade or USB debugging mode or any ROM issue or anything.

I just replaced my SD card with a new SD card. And it worked. So the problem was with my SD card. I did master reset and format SD card several times from the phone but it did not work. When i inserted a "supposedly" new SD card, it worked. Read on to see what i meant by "supposedly".

I was able to reproduce the same problem and figured out what was the thing that went wrong. Whenever i connected my phone to a PC (whether Windows or MAC or Linux and whether with or without Kies), if i enabled "Connect Storage to PC" from the android phone's notification and then if i formatted the SD card from the PC (while the SD card is actually inside the phone), I observed that connecting phone with the pc again doesn't let the phone understand that its USB is now connected to a PC and that its SD card storage can now be mounted in the PC.

So, to solve that,
  • i took out the SD card from the phone
  • mounted the SD card in my PC with a generic card reader
  • copied all current contents of the SD card (if any) to a safe location
  • and then formatted the SD card from the PC (remember that this time i did not format the SD card THROUGH the data cable while the SD card is in the phone)
After that, i took out the SD card and put it back into my phone like a "supposedly" new SD card. And after that, when i connected the phone with a PC via the data cable, it showed up in my Android Notification that "USB Connected".

PHEW!!! Finally, enjoying my Galaxy Ace with the PC back again.

senor_coconut

Oct 15, 2011
Barcelona
USB not recognized... Please help!

i solved it. It was nothing related to Kies or Windows or Mac or Linux or libusb upgrade/downgrade or USB debugging mode or any ROM issue or anything.

I just replaced my SD card with a new SD card. And it worked. So the problem was with my SD card. I did master reset and format SD card several times from the phone but it did not work. When i inserted a "supposedly" new SD card, it worked. Read on to see what i meant by "supposedly".

I was able to reproduce the same problem and figured out what was the thing that went wrong. Whenever i connected my phone to a PC (whether Windows or MAC or Linux and whether with or without Kies), if i enabled "Connect Storage to PC" from the android phone's notification and then if i formatted the SD card from the PC (while the SD card is actually inside the phone), I observed that connecting phone with the pc again doesn't let the phone understand that its USB is now connected to a PC and that its SD card storage can now be mounted in the PC.

So, to solve that,
  • and then formatted the SD card from the PC (remember that this time i did not format the SD card THROUGH the data cable while the SD card is in the phone)
After that, i took out the SD card and put it back into my phone like a "supposedly" new SD card. And after that, when i connected the phone with a PC via the data cable, it showed up in my Android Notification that "USB Connected".

Hi all,

I've spent the whole day searching google and reading xda but cannot find solutions.
Basically this used s5830 bought on ebay used has the following symptoms:

• USB cable _only_ charges
  • Windows recognizes something more, but cannot see it as a Samsung android device (cannot allocate the installed USB drivers to the device)

I've tried with USB debugging on and off, with latest Kies installed, with Kies uninstalled and using the latest Samsung USB downloadable drivers.
I've tried also in download mode, via the minus and home key method.
It is never properly identified.
Thus i cannot use Odin, Superoneclick or anything like this, but worse is that I cannot even use it for USB file transfer to/from SD Card.
SD card is fine, new and formated, took a few pics just to test and it's ok (also on sd-usb it is fine).
Cable is an original U2 samsung official cable.
Hummm, what else...

Phone is not rooted, it is sim-unlocked but has <3> UK network proprietary animations at boot up and shutdown.

I've tried this on 2 different laptops and respective usb ports, where my i9001 works fine, so that can be ruled out as well.

I'm thinking of returning it for a refund, or is there anything else I could try?
Thanks in advance for your time!

Last edited:

cdncraig

Apr 7, 2012
Ottawa
Hi all,

I've spent the whole day searching google and reading xda but cannot find solutions.
Basically this used s5830 bought on ebay used has the following symptoms:

• USB cable _only_ charges
  • Windows recognizes something more, but cannot see it as a Samsung android device (cannot allocate the installed USB drivers to the device)

I've tried with USB debugging on and off, with latest Kies installed, with Kies uninstalled and using the latest Samsung USB downloadable drivers.
I've tried also in download mode, via the minus and home key method.
It is never properly identified.
Thus i cannot use Odin, Superoneclick or anything like this, but worse is that I cannot even use it for USB file transfer to/from SD Card.
SD card is fine, new and formated, took a few pics just to test and it's ok (also on sd-usb it is fine).
Cable is an original U2 samsung official cable.
Hummm, what else...

Phone is not rooted, it is sim-unlocked but has <3> UK network proprietary animations at boot up and shutdown.

I've tried this on 2 different laptops and respective usb ports, where my i9001 works fine, so that can be ruled out as well.

I'm thinking of returning it for a refund, or is there anything else I could try?
Thanks in advance for your time!

I have the same problem... used the 'Format SD card' instruction - did not fix... Have you found any solution?

syedrakib

Jan 13, 2011
I've spent the whole day searching google and reading xda but cannot find solutions. I've tried with USB debugging on and off, with latest Kies installed, with Kies uninstalled and using the latest Samsung USB downloadable drivers. I've tried also in download mode, via the minus and home key method. It is never properly identified.

Have you tried the solution I posted above? The cause of my problem was that I tried to format my SD card from the PC while the SD card was inside my phone and my phone was connected to the PC via USB data cable. Then i took the SD card out of the phone and formatted it directly from the PC via a generic card reader. After that i put the SD card back into the phone. Since then, i have always been getting the "USB Connected" notification in my phone whenever i plug in the phone to a computer.

Last edited:
Reactions: alivecorpse

Senaditos

May 23, 2013
Finaly a sollution

Guys i tryed everything and i find out that reboot works. Just turn off ur phone, enter recovery mode , and select first option , ''reboot'' , wait a few seconds. Phone will turn off after rebooting and turn on automatic.Dont worry ur files wont be deleted. That worked for me. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solved my Problem

So, to solve that,

I've spent the whole day searching google and reading xda but cannot find solutions. I've tried with USB debugging on and off, with latest Kies installed, with Kies uninstalled and using the latest Samsung USB downloadable drivers. I've tried also in download mode, via the minus and home key method. It is never properly identified.

Have you tried the solution I posted above? The cause of my problem was that I tried to format my SD card from the PC while the SD card was inside my phone and my phone was connected to the PC via USB data cable. Then i took the SD card out of the phone and formatted it directly from the PC via a generic card reader. After that i put the SD card back into the phone. Since then, i have always been getting the "USB Connected" notification in my phone whenever i plug in the phone to a computer.