[TWEAKS] Save your battery without any app!

Search This thread

inaroom

Feb 26, 2013
Moto Z2 Play
how usable is the ace with 600mhz frequency,and what rom? i'm actually on mardon's cm10.1.6, 245-800 on ondemand usually, as on conservative governor i feel a bit more lag at times (could be just my impression though)..battery life it's pretty acceptable for my daily use,but of corse a little boost would be great, do the turned off led add that sprint to the battery? thanks for the great job !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys!

I've been trying different kernel and roms at this time, I've been surprised with several of them greatly, but I've always liked my way of setting the cpu frequencies, governor, further reduce the brightness ... etc all WITHOUT USING ANY EXTERNAL APP that consume my internal memory and are constantly running in the background.

Well if you are one of those who leave permanently on your cpu frequency and like to save as much of your battery it will be very useful.

When I tested the Battery Extender 1.5.1 kernel I noticed that every time I restarted my device, the maximum clock frequency was changed to 902 Mhz and I needed tools to control this frequency (as no-frills or set-cpu)... Right, this is the end with the following tweaks, so forget No-Frills and Set-cpu!:
    These changes will be adjusted every time you boot the system ;)

Viper The Ripper Tweaks to save battery

What I have changed?

• Power off menu and back buttons
    • Reduced the brightness to maximum
    • Changed the frequency when the device starts to 245-787 Mhz
    • Changed the Governor when the device starts to Conservative (I prefer this Governor to save battery)

Working on: CF-Root, BatteryExtender, SpaceKernel, nims11 kernel

Extreme Version

• Reduced the brightness to maximum
    • Changed the frequency when the device starts to 245-614 Mhz
    • Changed the Governor when the device starts to Conservative (I prefer this Governor to save battery)

Working on: BatteryExtender 1.5.1 and up, it should works in SpaceKernel too

CM Versions

How to install it?

1. Put the attached file into your sdcard
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Install from sdcard
    4. Flash it
    5. Reboot
    6. Enjoy

Hellyeah!

Credits

Me for having an insatiable curiosity and to hate useless apps
    ImbaWind fot helping me
    ketut.kumajaya for cf-root adaptation on GB

;)
    I retried it again and seems like it worked.
    I retried it again and seems like it worked.

I Glad it will work ;) ..It should work but, even I asked to Mardon, the SuperSu can block su request during boot, so it could be the problem, use cmsuperuser variant if you face any problem ;)

Mardon's answer:

Which variant? Supersu or cm superuser?
    SuperSu now can block su requests during boot init if wrong configured in supersu.

But I see the problem is solved, thank you so much for reporting it :)
    No problem, I installed Universal Init.d from the PlayStore. Then closed phone and retried the zip and it worked. I don't know if its has anything to do with that but its working you can add it to the first page! =)