Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [Respond ASAP please] CWM Installed before flashing, uninstall possible?

OP Coover55

5th September 2014, 07:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi there!

First of all, yes, I'm completely new to modding Android phones. Not so new to modding in general though, which makes me question why I made such a nooby mistake... but alas, I now have to ask what many might think to be a nooby question in order to fix said mistake.

Just as the title said, I accidentally installed CWM before flashing my phone, and am now unable to launch into Recovery Mode. I know that there's a way to get it revert it to stock recovery, but as far as I've been able to tell, there's no way to do that without going into the Recovery menu in the first place. Does anybody have an idea what I can do?

My phone can still launch to the firmware (stock firmware, but am planning on installing Cyanogenmod 11), so for now I'm alright but considering the OTHER problems I'm having with the stock firmware, I'd really like a way to get back to my installation ASAP. If I can't, I'll get to my problems with the stock FW later...

-Coover55
8th September 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 902

1,944 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coover55

Hi there!

First of all, yes, I'm completely new to modding Android phones. Not so new to modding in general though, which makes me question why I made such a nooby mistake... but alas, I now have to ask what many might think to be a nooby question in order to fix said mistake.

Just as the title said, I accidentally installed CWM before flashing my phone, and am now unable to launch into Recovery Mode. I know that there's a way to get it revert it to stock recovery, but as far as I've been able to tell, there's no way to do that without going into the Recovery menu in the first place. Does anybody have an idea what I can do?

My phone can still launch to the firmware (stock firmware, but am planning on installing Cyanogenmod 11), so for now I'm alright but considering the OTHER problems I'm having with the stock firmware, I'd really like a way to get back to my installation ASAP. If I can't, I'll get to my problems with the stock FW later...

-Coover55

We continue in the other thread
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread