Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,313 Members 48,076 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I can't root S5830 GB 2.3.6

Tip us?

xwalero
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahithm View Post
No, that's not what I meant. Before you flash a fresh copy of stock rom, make sure to do a complete wipe. You cannot do that with the stock recovery mode and hence you install CWM. Just follow my instructions in the above post. Once you have wiped of all data, then flash the stock rom back. Always remember Root first then install CWM. If you do it the other way, you will end up getting status 7 error. Do post the result.
Oooh okay, i did everything but rooted after cwm. Ill try that!

xwalero
Old
(Last edited by xwalero; 12th July 2014 at 07:23 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
It worked! thank you all! (even though it rebooted once, but it hasn't happend again)
Now, what JellyBean ROM would you recommend? I just want a "fast" one. (I know there's no such thing as "best rom" or something, I'm just asking for advice)

Some ROMs say that I have to install CWM 6 or above, should I do that? or just stick with this fixed version?

mahithm
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwalero View Post
It worked! thank you all! (even though it rebooted once, but it hasn't happend again)
Now, what JellyBean ROM would you recommend? I just want a "fast" one. (I know there's no such thing as "best rom" or something, I'm just asking for advice)

Some ROMs say that I have to install CWM 6 or above, should I do that? or just stick with this fixed version?
All CM 10 (JellyBean) roms works quite well with CWM 5, so I suggest you stick with it unless you want to go for CM 11 (KitKat) roms. CWM 6 is mainly meant for CM 11 based roms but there is one CM 11 rom (KitKat for All) that works fine with CWM 5. I haven't tried all CM 10 roms, so I can't help you in that part. But I can provide you the list of all custom roms for Ace. You can try it yourself and be the judge Here is the link,

Know your Device:Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 ~Root~Odin~CWM~ROM LIST

Hope I Helped
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU
The Following User Says Thank You to mahithm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
gingerbread, root, s5830, z3x