[Q] stuck in android recovery?

Search This thread

edwoodt

Oct 6, 2014
i had a rooted galaxy ace gt_s5830 running gingerbread on which i tried to flash (several) cwm roms. obviously, this didn't work. (the first one was for the gt s5830i, and i don't remember why the others failed)

i did do a cwm backup beforehand and performed a recovery that listed as successful.
so when i select restore to that recovery i would assume that the phone would reboot and return it to it's previous state, but the phone just reboots to the same android recovery screen.
is there a problem or am i not doing something correctly?
thanx for any assitance, ed

edwoodt

Oct 6, 2014
Did you root correctly your device?
Which steps did you follow when you restore the backup?
Which CWM are you running?

i rooted my device over 1 year ago so i could add more apps on the sd card. i kept using the stock gingerbread rom furnished by samsung (2.3.6)
the root.zip file contains superuser.apk and busybox....
i installed the CWMAce.zip (see attached file) on my sd card, performed a backup which is also on the sd card
( screenshot of the CWM backup that i made)
i presume that i made the backup, and then "wiped data/factory reset" after the backup was listed as successful. i did not wipe delvik cache. then tried to install a custom rom that was listed for gt s5830 but failed in "android recovery window" because it was for gt s5830i. i have since downloaded other custom roms none of which have worked either.

Attachments

• ClockWorkModAce.zip
    7 MB · Views: 12
  • ScreenHunter_024.jpg
    ScreenHunter_024.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 30
D

Deleted member 7424973

Use PC and adb

try adb reboot in command prompt