Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][DEV][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11.0 - androidarmv6 [COOPERVE][Nightly Builds]

OP nvsetup

18th January 2015, 09:42 AM   |  #291  
Thanks Meter: 23

57 posts
@hojnikb, It was written in fine print @ the first page of ongoing CM11 nightly build discussion topic, the reverting process mate.
Your partitions already converted to the mtd/yaffs2 format, re flashing ( wipe multi package (CSC/MODEM/PDA) is required to reverse MTD partitioning systems according to OP :
Notes:
Older ROMs will no longer be compatible
with the MTD recovery and yaffs2-
formatted partitions. If you wish to use a
stock/modded Gingerbread ROM, CM7 or
CM9, you should wait until MTD versions
of these ROMs become available.
If you want to go back to a non-MTD
ROM, you must flash an entire stock ROM
(CSC+MODEM+PDA) via Odin, or else
your partitions will be stuck in MTD
format."

just be very careful though, have all of your Nandroid backup/EFS backup from the original stock firmware , non-mtd recovery compatible CWM, flash able CSC/PDA/MODEM) packages at hands, in case of possible disastrous partitions transformation into RFS.
20th January 2015, 08:22 AM   |  #292  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
Modifying CM11 Brodcomm for S5830V
(Forgive me if I should have posted this in Q&A, but I thought as it's related to development I'd post here)

Hi all

I have a development question about modifying/porting (Iím not sure on the terms yet) CM11 cooperve for me device Ė hoping to get some opinions.

Some background: I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830V Ė an obscure device mainly found in Australia. It is an upgrade from cooper in that I have the better processor speed like the S5830i. I can actually use root, .pit, bootloader and flash S5830i firmware if I want. I can run CWM for cooperve (though I have some issues with CWM v6.x cooperve but only small). HOWEVER there is one really important difference. I appear to run Qualcomm and not Broadcom. Therefore, none of the cooperve ROMs I have tested work. There is also virtually no info for us poor V users.

Iíve also tried a cooper version of CM11 that installs with CWM v.5. No go Ė it stopped immediately and said I had the wrong device, which of course I do (though I did hope it might work because we both have Qualcomm lolol).

My question is, would it be possible to modify one of the CM11 ROMS (either cooper or cooperve) for my device? Would it a total massive overhaul/start from scratch thing or like, porting or something? I also wonder what base I would start with: cooper because itís Qualcomm (but the processor is different) or cooperve because we are similar in many aspects but it unfortunately is Broadcomm.

To complicate matters, Iím an Android/Java noob. Iím no stranger to software dev or OOP and I'm a very fast learner, but Iím a Windows/.NET/WindowsRT girl. As I'm on disability, it is probably viable for me to actually teach myself Android dev and mod CM11 for my device - because I could probably do that faster than save the money for a new phone!!!!! Hard to afford for me and would take me like, a year lol. If I have to stay on Gingerbread much longer I'll explode.

Thanks for any input ideas
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread