Google Play Newsstand 3.3 Brings Material Design Makeover

In a clear break from the previous practice of delivering nearly weekly Google … more

App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

[Q] I can't use my 5830i as a wifi hotspot anymore...can anythin be done

1st July 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
Hello everyone,

After the excellent help I found on this forum with flashing a new 5830i ROM onto my Samsung Galaxy Ace, I am back for help with another question.

I recently discovered that I am no longer able to use my phone as a portable wifi hotspot. This is despite me being able to use it for nearly a full year after my contract started.

I have contacted my service provider (Three UK) and they told me that my service plan has never had the wifi hotspot capability included with it. They said it was some sort of technical problem on their part that allowed me to have it until recently.

They have suggested that I could upgrade to a more expensive plan to regain the wifi hotspot capability, but that it would be limited to 1GB or 2GB per month.

I would really like to know if something has been developed so that I can use my 5830i as a unlimited wifi hotspot without my service provider being able to block it. Can anyone suggest any existing threads in which I can find a solution?
2nd July 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #2  
Flag Derby
Thanks Meter: 808

1,579 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHowWeLaughed

Hello everyone,

After the excellent help I found on this forum with flashing a new 5830i ROM onto my Samsung Galaxy Ace, I am back for help with another question.

I recently discovered that I am no longer able to use my phone as a portable wifi hotspot. This is despite me being able to use it for nearly a full year after my contract started.

I have contacted my service provider (Three UK) and they told me that my service plan has never had the wifi hotspot capability included with it. They said it was some sort of technical problem on their part that allowed me to have it until recently.

They have suggested that I could upgrade to a more expensive plan to regain the wifi hotspot capability, but that it would be limited to 1GB or 2GB per month.

I would really like to know if something has been developed so that I can use my 5830i as a unlimited wifi hotspot without my service provider being able to block it. Can anyone suggest any existing threads in which I can find a solution?

Which Rom did you flash?
21st July 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag London

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy-X

Which Rom did you flash?

The factory ROM for a 5830i.
27th July 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #4  
Flag Antopol
Thanks Meter: 4

11 posts
More
Quote:

Hello everyone,

try to use wifi tether - play.google. com/store/apps/details?id=og.android.tether&hl=ru
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesterjke For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2014, 10:29 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag London

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterjke

try to use wifi tether - play.google. com/store/apps/details?id=og.android.tether&hl=ru

OK I'll have a look. That particular app has terrible reviews, but some of the similar apps listed have better reviews. I'll have a look over the next few days when I have time.
28th July 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #6  
Flag Antopol
Thanks Meter: 4

11 posts
More
Quote:

OK I'll have a look. That particular app has terrible reviews, but some of the similar apps listed have better reviews. I'll have a look over the next few days when I have time.

press "thanks" button if I was helpful.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesterjke For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread