Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Lost my phone...didnt evn note down the IMEI no. :(

OP sahu.sushmita

30th July 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 363

956 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahu.sushmita

hmmmm....since it was a gift frm brother...n he ws havin d box n bill...n he misplaced it sumwhere abroad...

and android device manager didnt help either...wat came to help ws findmymobile on samsung site...since i ws logged into samsung account n i guess d thief did a mistake-he just removed d sim n didnt factory reset d fone... So ws able to track n get his call logs n eventually went 2 police,dey called each number rm d call log n came 2 no who d person is...

So did you finally get your phone back? Good thing you logged into your Samsung Account and the thief wasn't a technical expert Well you know what they say, "What goes around comes around"
1st August 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahithm

So did you finally get your phone back? Good thing you logged into your Samsung Account and the thief wasn't a technical expert Well you know what they say, "What goes around comes around"

well havnt got d fone yet
had informed d police 29th july nyt, n its now 4days....
dt guy ws frm housekeeping of my collg hostel....he is on leave frm 30th...may b sumone frm d person's v calld informed him abt police ,bt cant say as i cud still chk on 30th nyt on samsung site dt he ws online-so still using net....

still hoping indian police will do sum miracle
7th August 2014, 11:41 PM   |  #13  
Flag Austria
Thanks Meter: 33

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahu.sushmita

Hi

So i lost my s5830i...but some time ago i was playing wid the rom, so i backed up my phone's ROM n also copied full contents of sdcard n thn rooted the device....is there any chance imei got backed up sumwhere in dis process???

Also i hv an disc image file named "bml15_EFS"...n i chkd sumwhere sum efs folder contains d imei number...r these two things related?? if nybdy has sum idea??

If you have installed Google Play for at least one time, your IMEI is stored in your Google Profile.
Just go to your Google Dashboard, and search the Android Section.
Your IMEI will be there.

Feel free to hit Thanks, if I helped you.
Last edited by Nightly Coder; 7th August 2014 at 11:45 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread