Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,803,209 Members 44,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] moving data to sd

Tip us?

AHMAD JB
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] moving data to sd

how can i move the apps data to sd card ????

i have searched but found nothing useful

please help me
tnx

mahithm
Old
Thanks Meter 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMAD JB View Post
how can i move the apps data to sd card ????

i have searched but found nothing useful

please help me
tnx
The only prerequisite is to have a rom with init.d support (all custom roms have it but not the stock roms) and then an SD Card with ext partition.You can make use of the CronMod script to move the data to the ext partition of the SD Card. Make sure to create an ext partition on the SD Card. Download the script from below link and place it in the SD Card. Now boot in to CWM and do Mounts & Storage> Mount /system, then choose "Install zip from SD Card" & choose the required script from SD Card and finally do Mounts & Storage> Format /sd-ext. Reboot and go to Settings> Storage to see you newly increased internal memory.

Cronmod Unofficial / Data2sdext

Hope I Helped
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU
The Following User Says Thank You to mahithm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AHMAD JB
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahithm View Post
The only prerequisite is to have a rom with init.d support (all custom roms have it but not the stock roms) and then an SD Card with ext partition.You can make use of the CronMod script to move the data to the ext partition of the SD Card. Make sure to create an ext partition on the SD Card. Download the script from below link and place it in the SD Card. Now boot in to CWM and do Mounts & Storage> Mount /system, then choose "Install zip from SD Card" & choose the required script from SD Card and finally do Mounts & Storage> Format /sd-ext. Reboot and go to Settings> Storage to see you newly increased internal memory.

Cronmod Unofficial / Data2sdext

Hope I Helped
which version do i have to use ??
how can i apply data 2 sd ??? does it move the data automaticly ?

amolgosavi
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Use link to sd plus app for move dta to sd card

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

mahithm
Old
Thanks Meter 356
Quote:
Follow the link and download the "CronMod Unofficial-By Styrke" from attached files. It's actually a script that you can flash from CWM. Once you flash this script, it moves everything in your internal memory to ext partition of the SD Card automatically. Make sure to follow the instructions from my previous post. Hope I Helped

AHMAD JB
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Follow the link and download the "CronMod Unofficial-By Styrke" from attached files. It's actually a script that you can flash from CWM. Once you flash this script, it moves everything in your internal memory to ext partition of the SD Card automatically. Make sure to follow the instructions from my previous post. Hope I Helped
tnx for your help buddy
i tried that but nothing happened that i was expected !!

anyway i`m going to use the link2sd method and see how it goes with that..

mahithm
Old
Thanks Meter 356
Quote:
tnx for your help buddy
i tried that but nothing happened that i was expected !!

anyway i`m going to use the link2sd method and see how it goes with that..
What rom are you using now? Can you check if there is a file named 40int2ext inside /etc/init.d using a root file manager? If there is no such file, then the installation was a failure. Do post the result. Hope I Helped

AHMAD JB
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
What rom are you using now? Can you check if there is a file named 40int2ext inside /etc/init.d using a root file manager? If there is no such file, then the installation was a failure. Do post the result. Hope I Helped
it was sucssesful but i couldn`t move the app data to sd card !! tried this so many times but there was no hope even with link2sd .checked that option and did everything that had been told me but it didnt work

mahithm
Old
Thanks Meter 356
Quote:
it was sucssesful but i couldn`t move the app data to sd card !! tried this so many times but there was no hope even with link2sd .checked that option and did everything that had been told me but it didnt work
While using CronMod script, you don't have to move app to ext partition of the SD Card as the script will automatically do so.