No registration required

Are you getting one?

OP svetius

13th October 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 44

598 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoze

I sold my Galaxy S4 to buy an iPhone 6 last week... After 3 days I sent it back and I bought the Alpha.

Why? Because on the iPhone 6 there is:

- no notification LED

- no back button. Uncomfortable to reach the top of this 4,7" screen with one hand

- a restriction with Lastpass: it does not auto fill apps

- no widgets and a limited organization of icons on the dock

- a stupid "smart" keyboard, less relevant than those from Google or Samsung

- a stupid Siri unable to write names (John, Paul...) or brands (Greanpeace or Nike) into an sms. Google Voice is far better

- no smart dial to find contacts through the dial

- no Smart Stay : don't be too slow to read a web page, your screen will turn off

- no choice for shortcuts in the control center and a holding the shortcut will do nothing : for example, hold the Wireless button -> while with Android you get access to the wireless parameters, here nothing happens. So you have to go to General -> ...

- a very beautiful but dangerously slippery aluminium case. I was always afraid to loose the iPhone from my hands. The softness of the back and the curved corners of the Alpha are very good to prevent this risk.

What I miss from my Iphone 6:

- a better screen. The Alpha screen is not bad at all but it is slightly less sharp and white is less natural.

- Touch ID is perfect. It is a bit slow (about 1" to unlock the phone) but it is working perfectly. Fingerprint recognition on the Alpha is unusable: it is unable to recognize my fingerprint

- Circular home button is bigger than the rectangular one on the Alpha. It avoids the risk of touching the screen while trying to reach this physical button. Less mistakes with my fat hands.

- The honesty from Apple in terms of size and weight: despites Samsung announcement, the Alpha is not thicker, it exactly the same 6,9mm thickness. And the camera lens is much more protuberant. Weight: iPhone 6= 124g, Alpha= 118g.

I have a Macbook Air and I don't find any advantage using an iPhone over Android. Android File transfer is so simple compared to iTunes. It looks ugly but I can access very easily to every file on my Galaxy. And if you like the iPhone+iTunes combination, Alpha+Kies works well on my Mac. Honestly as good as iPhone 6+iTunes. Of course Kies doesn't accept rooted devices (while it does sometimes), neither does iTunes with a jailbreaked iPhone.

I don't have an Apple TV but I use for music an Airport Express. Without a rooted Android device, I am not able to push music from the phone on the Airport Express. But my GS4 was rooted and with "AirPlay DLNA SONOS Chrome Roku" (long name!!) it was working perfectly. The app has a widget: tap on it, your music is instantly transferred to the Airport Express.

I have absolutely no regrets at all, this Alpha is a stunning phone. And Samsung removed several bloatwares like ChatOn. A good idea!

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

According to Techinsights, the DAC is a Wolfson WM5110E (24-bit and 192KHz)

Still not as good as an high-end external DAC.

I'm interested in the Alpha, but I'm not sure if I want to pull the trigger over the Note 4.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67

I might be thinking of getting one for fun as the Note 4 will be my primary, but I am not getting it because I do not like ATT or Verizon.

Its stupid for Samsung to do this exclusive silly games!

What service are you with and what are your thoughts on the Alpha?
16th October 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #32  
Flag Columbia, SC
Thanks Meter: 25

217 posts
More
i really wanted a silver one, why didnt samsung bring the silver one stateside?
16th October 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #33  
Flag Columbia, SC
Thanks Meter: 25

217 posts
More
just ordered one off ebay for $490 i hope it works well.
16th October 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 7

20 posts
Black one coming. Can't wait.
The Following User Says Thank You to b_l_c For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #35  

598 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_l_c

Black one coming. Can't wait.

I've been playing with my daughter's and compared it to my wife's iPhone 6. The screen seems smaller to me and the keyboard. I'm actually using it to type this post. It doesn't appear to be a bad phone, just smaller than what I'm accustomed to.
17th October 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #36  
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 68

1,129 posts
More
I have SGS4 untill now & iphone4s,Alpha is awesome phone m8
batery live is as on Galaxy 4 ,for me is perfect for somebody who chouse smaller and lighter phone
18th October 2014, 09:20 AM   |  #37  
Flag Partizánske
Thanks Meter: 12

63 posts
I got oneeeee its awesome dudes☺

Sent from my SM-G850F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th October 2014, 02:35 PM   |  #38  
Thanks Meter: 40

144 posts
Currently have OG pro, moto x, and S3.. got this bad boy yesterday, and boy oh boy finally got the phone I really want!! And about people complaining the 720p? Lol it looks 1080p to me!
19th October 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #39  

598 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by limitbreak09

Currently have OG pro, moto x, and S3.. got this bad boy yesterday, and boy oh boy finally got the phone I really want!! And about people complaining the 720p? Lol it looks 1080p to me!

The screen size is hard for me to get use to after having the Note 3, thinking about getting the Note 4.
23rd October 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #40  
Flag Partizánske
Thanks Meter: 12

63 posts
I got one
I got one and i want one more Its awesome

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread