5,815,265 Members 39,255 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any 3rd-Party Battery Recommendations for the Camera 2?

Tip us?

internetpilot
Old
(Last edited by internetpilot; 9th September 2014 at 04:33 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Default Any 3rd-Party Battery Recommendations for the Camera 2?

I'd like to get an extra battery for my Camera 2, but it doesn't even appear that Samsung offers one. Anyone have any recommendations for a 3rd-party battery? I'd prefer to get one that comes with an external charger since I've been burned (literally) when charging 3rd-party Li-Ion batteries in my devices in the past.

Edit: I'm leaving this up because someone may find it of use, but I found the genuine Samsung BP2000 battery at B&H Photo for $30 along with the Samsung BC4GC2 charging cradle for $25. Even the 3rd-party batteries from China on eBay are $25. Don't know why the Samsung website doesn't sell its own batteries/chargers, but....
Samsung GALAXY Note II
Samsung GALAXY Note10.1 2014 Edition
Samsung GALAXY S III (x3)
acer Iconia A500
nookcolor (x4)
nook Tablet

internetpilot
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Excuse me as I reply to myself, but just to let everyone know the advertised OEM Samsung battery at B&H Photo is definitely the genuine thing, and despite reports to the contrary the Samsung battery charger does work with the BP2000 battery. Definitely a nice setup, and I'm glad I went this route. It's nice to have everything OEM and not too terribly expensive.
Samsung GALAXY Note II
Samsung GALAXY Note10.1 2014 Edition
Samsung GALAXY S III (x3)
acer Iconia A500
nookcolor (x4)
nook Tablet
The Following User Says Thank You to internetpilot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EhHowzit808
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by internetpilot View Post
Excuse me as I reply to myself, but just to let everyone know the advertised OEM Samsung battery at B&H Photo is definitely the genuine thing, and despite reports to the contrary the Samsung battery charger does work with the BP2000 battery. Definitely a nice setup, and I'm glad I went this route. It's nice to have everything OEM and not too terribly expensive.
Thanks for looking into this! I just bought my fiancée this camera today and I was contemplating about getting an extra battery for her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337