Any 3rd-Party Battery Recommendations for the Camera 2?

9th September 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag NE Florida
Thanks Meter: 112

511 posts
More
I'd like to get an extra battery for my Camera 2, but it doesn't even appear that Samsung offers one. Anyone have any recommendations for a 3rd-party battery? I'd prefer to get one that comes with an external charger since I've been burned (literally) when charging 3rd-party Li-Ion batteries in my devices in the past.

Edit: I'm leaving this up because someone may find it of use, but I found the genuine Samsung BP2000 battery at B&H Photo for $30 along with the Samsung BC4GC2 charging cradle for $25. Even the 3rd-party batteries from China on eBay are $25. Don't know why the Samsung website doesn't sell its own batteries/chargers, but....
Last edited by internetpilot; 9th September 2014 at 04:33 AM.
13th September 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag NE Florida
Thanks Meter: 112

511 posts
More
Excuse me as I reply to myself, but just to let everyone know the advertised OEM Samsung battery at B&H Photo is definitely the genuine thing, and despite reports to the contrary the Samsung battery charger does work with the BP2000 battery. Definitely a nice setup, and I'm glad I went this route. It's nice to have everything OEM and not too terribly expensive.
The Following User Says Thank You to internetpilot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th September 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #3  
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 36

166 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by internetpilot

Excuse me as I reply to myself, but just to let everyone know the advertised OEM Samsung battery at B&H Photo is definitely the genuine thing, and despite reports to the contrary the Samsung battery charger does work with the BP2000 battery. Definitely a nice setup, and I'm glad I went this route. It's nice to have everything OEM and not too terribly expensive.

Thanks for looking into this! I just bought my fiancée this camera today and I was contemplating about getting an extra battery for her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread