Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

EK-GC120 Verizon Update

OP swjpilot

22nd May 2013, 03:24 PM   |  #1  
swjpilot's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2007
I have been notified of an update for my EK-GC120 (6ca5626c77cd.update_EK-GC120_GC120VRALL2_To_GC120VRAMC4_FWD-1.zip) is the file i pulled from the cache folder but it refuses to apply to my camera. Is there an alternate recovery available anywhere for this device? TWRP or CWM? I have posted the update here I am hoping it includes the remote viewfinder functionality that was originally missing from this version.
http://d-h.st/users/swjpilot/?fld_id=16995#files

Update: I had changed the GmsCore.apk file...luckily i had backed it up. After restoring the original file the update applied is applying....Hopefully Root will remain will post update as soon as it completes.

Update: SuperSU says it was able to restore Root Access whoohoo!

Last Update: This does finally bring the Remote Viewfinder capability to the stock camera app.
Last edited by swjpilot; 22nd May 2013 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Got it to work
26th May 2013, 05:09 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 22
 
486 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swjpilot

I have been notified of an update for my EK-GC120 (6ca5626c77cd.update_EK-GC120_GC120VRALL2_To_GC120VRAMC4_FWD-1.zip) is the file i pulled from the cache folder but it refuses to apply to my camera. Is there an alternate recovery available anywhere for this device? TWRP or CWM? I have posted the update here I am hoping it includes the remote viewfinder functionality that was originally missing from this version.
http://d-h.st/users/swjpilot/?fld_id=16995#files

Update: I had changed the GmsCore.apk file...luckily i had backed it up. After restoring the original file the update applied is applying....Hopefully Root will remain will post update as soon as it completes.

Update: SuperSU says it was able to restore Root Access whoohoo!

Last Update: This does finally bring the Remote Viewfinder capability to the stock camera app.

I give up. How did you root this device in the first place?
3rd June 2013, 07:59 PM   |  #3  
swjpilot's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by perlmane

I give up. How did you root this device in the first place?

ExynosAbuseAPK before the first update. You may be able to ODIN back to 4.1.1, run that tool then keep your root through the subsequent OTA's.
4th June 2013, 04:40 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 22
 
486 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
Where does one find 4.1.1

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app
4th June 2013, 04:55 PM   |  #5  
swjpilot's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by perlmane

Where does one find 4.1.1

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app

I would try installing Kies and having it restore the firmware. It will most likely put you back on the original firmware but i don't know that for sure. Worst thing that could happen is a factory reset of your device and you stay on your current code level.
4th June 2013, 05:25 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 22
 
486 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swjpilot

I would try installing Kies and having it restore the firmware. It will most likely put you back on the original firmware but i don't know that for sure. Worst thing that could happen is a factory reset of your device and you stay on your current code level.

VZW products do not support Kies firmware updates. 4.1.1 does not seem to be available anywhere for this device.
4th June 2013, 05:29 PM   |  #7  
swjpilot's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by perlmane

VZW products do not support Kies firmware updates. 4.1.1 does not seem to be available anywhere for this device.

Well i saw this post as well not sure if you have been through it or not..... but this is the last thing i got for you. I have not been able to find the original firmware anywhere either myself.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2086636

Sorry......
4th June 2013, 05:50 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 22
 
486 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swjpilot

Well i saw this post as well not sure if you have been through it or not..... but this is the last thing i got for you. I have not been able to find the original firmware anywhere either myself.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2086636

Sorry......

Since VZW does not support Kies firmware updates, I am afraid to try it. I will have to wait until someone finds the 4.1.1 release of this device and ODIN it.
2nd August 2013, 01:24 AM   |  #9  
Anyone still have the boot.img for the latest verizon? Even the full update will work to extract it. This is the only missing piece to extending the custom kernel to all variants.
The Following User Says Thank You to twistedumbrella For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th September 2013, 08:12 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 339
 
1,393 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by perlmane

I give up. How did you root this device in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swjpilot

ExynosAbuseAPK before the first update. You may be able to ODIN back to 4.1.1, run that tool then keep your root through the subsequent OTA's.

If you are still around can you confirm you used the "Exynos" Abuse apk to root your Verizon GC120. The Samsung specs page for it aren't clear about whether it's an Exynos quad core using a qualcomm board or an entire qualcomm chipset/board. Thanks!

And if anyone Verizon has found a way to root the current Verizon version and/or the odin file for 4.1.1 please reply here or let me know! Thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes