FORUMS

[Q] AOSP Build for GT-B5330

52 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By DrBytes, Member on 30th June 2013, 01:14 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi *

I've just run trough all the setps to be able to build aosp on ubuntu. Currently I'm running a build, looks like it will take a while.
My goal is to build an aosp rom for the samsung galaxy chat, samsung provides downloads for 'platform' and kernel.
My question is, what should I do with the sources of the kernel and the platform, do I need to integrate them into the aosp source?

cheers

30th June 2013, 01:20 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBytes

Hi *

I've just run trough all the setps to be able to build aosp on ubuntu. Currently I'm running a build, looks like it will take a while.
My goal is to build an aosp rom for the samsung galaxy chat, samsung provides downloads for 'platform' and kernel.
My question is, what should I do with the sources of the kernel and the platform, do I need to integrate them into the aosp source?

cheers

It would be easier for you to use the cyanogenmod source instead. I found this easier for me than trying to use aosp source.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
30th June 2013, 02:26 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have the repo setup for CM10 as well, I even added the skeleton files for the b5330 using the mkvendor script and the boot.img I pulled off the device. Still though, what am I to do with the platform and kernel files provided by samsung?
28th August 2014, 05:57 AM |#4  
Flag kanpur
Thanks Meter: 0

More
where to find kernel source code?
Can you please give me the link to kernel source code??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy-chat

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)