[Q] Galaxy core plus rom

OP Izuna30

3rd July 2014, 12:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Hello there are rom custom for my sm-g350 pls ?
3rd July 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,277

1,546 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izuna30

Hello there are rom custom for my sm-g350 pls ?

1st this is i8260/i8262 section not sm g350
2nd this is dev section not Q&A
10th July 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 8

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoralph

1st this is i8260/i8262 section not sm g350
2nd this is dev section not Q&A

Pretty sure this is q&a

Sent from my GT-I8262 using XDA Free mobile app
11th July 2014, 11:18 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,277

1,546 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frost245

Pretty sure this is q&a

Sent from my GT-I8262 using XDA Free mobile app

afaik it was moved as i have reported it
13th September 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Gotta get this working!
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, although I have spend a big amount of time here (before registering), reading through posts about customizing ROMs, etc.

First things first:

- I have a Samsung Galaxy Core Plus G350 (or G3500 whatever suites you), and I would like to customize it's stock ROM, no rooting involved. I did manage to customize, or I should say minimize, my stock ROM for my Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 (S7710), rooted it, changed lot's of things, just to get rid off unwanted apps, services and maximize performance. And that worked out pretty well .

Being I'm a guy who likes things to be neat (I'll get to that in a sec ), and pretty much as close to factory build as it can be, I'm not trying to do anything flashy with my G350, just want to remove stupid apps and that's it.

When I said neat, I meant Odin flashing ROM neat. I prefer it to CWM Rom installing technique (although this is clean as well, one would have to have a memory card, memory card reader (or working USB drivers if one has to transfer files directly to the phone), CWM Recovery Firmware (no support for G350), and compatible Custom ROM...you get the picture, not much of a trouble, but a hassle if some of the components are missing....Odin flashing... clean and easy, anyone can use it.

My problem is:

After completing all modification, my system.img file appears with a lock, when I compile it. I'm not sure about the memory allocation, I did calculated it correctly ( i hope ) but that shouldn't be a problem, my main problem is the stupid lock on system.img file icon, before I compress everything to tar and checksum it. Ofc the flashing fails and my best guess its because of that lock in the icon, and Odin stops on system.img file. Does anyone know why is this happening, I didn't have any issues with Xcover's ROM packing, every time I finish with the modification in Xcover system.img file, unmount the file, and everything is fine. Even the flashing part.

I'm packing everything in Ubuntu 14.04 ...I am familiar with linux base systems but I ain't a wiz and flashing in Win 7.

Does anyone know the solution to this, I'm doing something wrong for sure, or I'm overlooking something, any help is very welcome.

Sorry for this extensive text and bad English (not my native language), I figured someone would appreciate some info.

Best regards.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread