Samsung General Galaxy Core LTE SM-G386F knowledge base

OP bchzmlsn

27th February 2015, 11:33 AM   |  #91  
Thanks Meter: 14

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmineIzumi

Github .com/OUDhs/android_device_samsung_afyonltetmo/blob/cm-11.0/ remove the space again
You are right, the recovery.fstab is not the same. And he said he maked a custom kernel for it because "Samsung's one was anti-root". I suggest we begin by ourselves without using his code, and we should see after.
The avantage with the make of a custom "Recovery.img", is you can flash it manually on the recovery partition and it doesn't affect the other ones, like the Odin package. I have tried 3 times to compile it,; and my phone doesn't boot into recovery. (With a little red "!" On the upper left.) I only had to reput the stock recovery.img, without the after-sale service .

I don't know, shouldn't we do a single topic for the development ? This one is only "General Knowledge" ..

it's a good idea to create a single topic for the develpment of the SM-G386F.

Can you tell me the step has you did for build your custom recovery? And how you to flash manully recovery without break the phone.(i'm new on android dev). please.
Atm my custom recovery it's building.
The Following User Says Thank You to midoriiroo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2015, 11:53 AM   |  #92  
Thanks Meter: 7

12 posts
I followed the steps in the xda-university .com/as-a-developer/porting-clockworkmod-recovery-to-a-new-device

I don't know if you have dumped the boot.img already, there is a command : "dd if *path to a partition* of *path to the sdcard file where it will be saved*

I did it like that : dd if *path to the recovery.img compiled* of *path to the recovery partition*

And if you to go back to the stock recovery make the same with a stock recovery.img ^^
I will try to make the new topic ^^ (since i'm not 10posts i can't do some little things :c )
The Following User Says Thank You to AmineIzumi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2015, 12:09 PM   |  #93  

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmineIzumi

I followed the steps in the xda-university .com/as-a-developer/porting-clockworkmod-recovery-to-a-new-device

I don't know if you have dumped the boot.img already, there is a command : "dd if *path to a partition* of *path to the sdcard file where it will be saved*

I did it like that : dd if *path to the recovery.img compiled* of *path to the recovery partition*

And if you to go back to the stock recovery make the same with a stock recovery.img ^^
I will try to make the new topic ^^ (since i'm not 10posts i can't do some little things :c )

i've backed up all of partition with dd, and i've tried with dd my recovery.img doesn't work.
The Following User Says Thank You to midoriiroo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2015, 12:18 PM   |  #94  

12 posts
forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-core/development/rb-compiling-cwm-cm-galaxy-core-lte-sm-t3041696
our new dev Thread
Oh. It showed you the little red "!" ? reflash your backup so recovery will be usable . I don't know for you, but sometimes my phone generate a file in /mnt/0/bugreports
"bugreport*date*.txt"There is interesting data, but since there is also so much inusable things, i didn't had already the time to inspect it :c
Last edited by AmineIzumi; Yesterday at 06:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to AmineIzumi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2015, 12:10 PM   |  #95  
Flag Is beautifull
Thanks Meter: 5

16 posts
More
Talking
Hi guys, may the force be with you. The Galaxy Core 4G is a really very good smartphone. Only custom boot and custom roms needed.

Cheers from France.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dekson9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2015, 04:52 PM   |  #96  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Thumbs up
merci d'avance pour custom ROM
Sorry for m'y bad english
28th February 2015, 08:04 PM   |  #97  

12 posts
Thanks you two ! But CWM is the base of everything, we will probably begin with it ! As we are simple beginners it will take some time.. or not success. But we will do our best ;D !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmineIzumi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2015, 09:44 PM   |  #98  

9 posts
Thumbs up
...and subscribe to the threads to stay up-to-date, thank's you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midoriiroo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 01:25 PM   |  #99  

12 posts
Lasts news c:
Hola !
After multiple verifications, my compiled recovery should be working. BUT We can't boot into the phone because of the "SECURE BOOT : YES". We see it in the download mode. And after some searchs, i see that the secure boot is checking the boot & recovery partitions, and do not boot them if they are not stock ones. So the last thing to do is to disable it.

Pour les francais, le "Secure Boot", empeche de booter sur une partition boot / Recovery qui n'est pas officielle. Je vois mal comment le desactiver mais on essaiera.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmineIzumi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy core, lte, recovery, root, sm-g386f
Previous Thread Next Thread