Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 44,620 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rom Kitkat for Galaxy Fame

Tip us?

Laelson
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Rom Kitkat for Galaxy Fame

Have long since emerged android 4.4.2 and no release for the Galaxy staff there Fame .. Help please! Some light on how to install an kitkat in Mobile?

Enviado de meu GT-S6810B usando Tapatalk

faizauthar12
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laelson View Post
Have long since emerged android 4.4.2 and no release for the Galaxy staff there Fame .. Help please! Some light on how to install an kitkat in Mobile?

all of patch is going to samsung,another way is make a custom rom like @wulsic doing

about news Kitkat for another Samsung device is stuck on S3 (i think),cause the lastest news i read is ,new touchwhiz launcher cannot run correctly on S3 with 1 gb of ram,and we should patient cause when S3 is not have Kitkat ,and we too not have way ,cause we have 512 mb of ram

Note:
you can check the lastest firmware for fame on www.sammobile.com,and go to tab firmware
If you feel i help you please Hit Thanks button ,i am verry happy for that
The Following User Says Thank You to faizauthar12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

davexd97
Old
Thanks Meter 4
When kitkat was released there were leaks that showed that Fame might get the update because it was supposed to support mid/low -end devices, but as we can see there are no updates.. i'll never get another samsung phone again, it's just my second and it's the last.

Laelson
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davexd97 View Post
When kitkat was released there were leaks that showed that Fame might get the update because it was supposed to support mid/low -end devices, but as we can see there are no updates.. i'll never get another samsung phone again, it's just my second and it's the last.
A guy there in forum CyanogenMod is working on CM10 and 11 "I am waiting for results. Believe we will soon have android 4.4.2 for kitkat Fame patience .. boy![emoji6]

wulsic
Old
Thanks Meter 544
Quote:
A guy there in forum CyanogenMod is working on CM10 and 11 "I am waiting for results. Believe we will soon have android 4.4.2 for kitkat Fame patience .. boy![emoji6]
Well that guy is me lol but uhh Laelson we have some progress. The Recovery is now 6.0.4.9 and it now has support to flash kitkat based roms.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1u...it?usp=sharing

It still doesnt boot but its a kernel problem i believe that we need to fix it will take some time but yh so is life
Devices i owned
Htc Elf-Htc Google Nexus One-LG Optimus 2X-Samsung Galaxy S2-LG Nexus4

My status:
HDD Half working :/ Ubuntu went black. Windows first 60FPS with Titanfall now 20-30 with laggspikes to 0FPS Time for a replacement soon..
Phoneless nothing to customize now so bored...

HIT the button

Laelson
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulsic View Post
Well that guy is me lol but uhh Laelson we have some progress. The Recovery is now 6.0.4.9 and it now has support to flash kitkat based roms.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1u...it?usp=sharing

It still doesnt boot but its a kernel problem i believe that we need to fix it will take some time but yh so is life
I will apply the new recovery, and as the kernel? can not use another model? or must be the fame, only modified?

wulsic
Old
Thanks Meter 544
Quote:
I will apply the new recovery, and as the kernel? can not use another model? or must be the fame, only modified?
Well i still need to make a good working kernel for the kitkat cm11 rom just be patient i also contacted somebody else who is working on almost the same thing as me but he is further so i asked for advice with the kernel since the source is also 4.1.2 or he also knows a bit wether which patches need to be applied cause it will be faster then that i need to find everything myself since i am not a real kernel dev xd.
But yeah you can try to flash it but yeah... Rom doesnt boot yet but i think before the summervacation it might boot, or yeah my summer vacation is started next week i thought or the week after idk
Devices i owned
Htc Elf-Htc Google Nexus One-LG Optimus 2X-Samsung Galaxy S2-LG Nexus4

My status:
HDD Half working :/ Ubuntu went black. Windows first 60FPS with Titanfall now 20-30 with laggspikes to 0FPS Time for a replacement soon..
Phoneless nothing to customize now so bored...

HIT the button

Farashto
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Here...

Quote:

Use this url, is in Spanish but, easy to understand (video inside). Any trouble, i'll glad to help. Hope this helps.

galaxyfame.jimdo.com/rom-kitkat-pro-by-c-s/

Regards.
The Following User Says Thank You to Farashto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

faizauthar12
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farashto View Post
Use this url, is in Spanish but, easy to understand (video inside). Any trouble, i'll glad to help. Hope this helps.

galaxyfame.jimdo.com/rom-kitkat-pro-by-c-s/

Regards.
that's a custom rom from stock ?????
If you feel i help you please Hit Thanks button ,i am verry happy for that

Farashto
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Dunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by faizauthar12 View Post
that's a custom rom from stock ?????
Really, i don't know. I'm new in all this and learning every day.