Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Battery problem

OP Viranch

1st September 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Hey guys I am a long time Android enthusiast. I have one of the most popular Samsung devices which is the Samsung Galaxy fit. The problem with my Samsung Galaxy Fit is the battery. Earlier before any tweaking battery used to be normal. After I installed CM7(official build). My battery started draining randomly. At first it was ignorable but then the problem became severe. From 100% it would drop to 88% in just 2 mins use and then from 88% it wud drop to 70% in another 5 mins and the entire phone would be dead in just 3 hours at best. When I would charge the phone again the battery will also be charged randomly going from 5% to 20% and then 20% to 40% all this in just 10 mins. In no less than 20 mins would my phone be 100% charged but that's fake as the battery would drain from 100% to 0% in three hours.
Following are the solutions are tried
Changed the batter,used a brand new original battery(FAIL - DID NOT WORK)
Flashed stock Rom (FAIL - PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS)
Changed Charger (FAIL)
Recharged battery on a different phone and then inserted the battery in fit (FAIL)
If anyone has any solution please let me know. I AM ALSO WILLING TO DONATE IF PROBLEM GETS SOLVED.
2nd September 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #2  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 26

122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viranch

Hey guys I am a long time Android enthusiast. I have one of the most popular Samsung devices which is the Samsung Galaxy fit. The problem with my Samsung Galaxy Fit is the battery. Earlier before any tweaking battery used to be normal. After I installed CM7(official build). My battery started draining randomly. At first it was ignorable but then the problem became severe. From 100% it would drop to 88% in just 2 mins use and then from 88% it wud drop to 70% in another 5 mins and the entire phone would be dead in just 3 hours at best. When I would charge the phone again the battery will also be charged randomly going from 5% to 20% and then 20% to 40% all this in just 10 mins. In no less than 20 mins would my phone be 100% charged but that's fake as the battery would drain from 100% to 0% in three hours.
Changed Charger (FAIL)
Recharged battery on a different phone and then inserted the battery in fit (FAIL)
If anyone has any solution please let me know. I AM ALSO WILLING TO DONATE IF PROBLEM GETS SOLVED.

You could try Battery Calibrator.. The app is available on Play Store.
26th October 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bogor
Thanks Meter: 61

272 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viranch

Changed Charger (FAIL)

Hope this will help you..
1. after flashing custom ROMS, back to recovery or CWM then wipe the battery stats.
2. calibrate the battery while device is on, i ussually use Mugen Power app (install app, choose the standard battery, charge until 100% then click calibrate, after that use the device until the phone is dead then charge until 100% again while device is off).
other Calibration apps ussually have the same steps like the steps i mentioned above, so just use one app..
3. if you still having the battery drain, maybe you should go check the hardware in some technician, coz it could be the hardware that has the problems.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread