Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 37,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Low memory problem?

Tip us?
 
vikrantnegi007
Old
#1  
vikrantnegi007's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 9
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Roorkee
Question [Q] Low memory problem?

Since we all know that Samsung Galaxy Fit S-5670 has very low internal memory and all because of that i'm finding it difficult to install some the bigger apps. As soon as the memory usage reaches 160 MB it starts notifying me about the low memory. Even when all of my apps are in memory card i still get low memory problem.

I was wondering if there is any way by which i can increase the memory even by a small amount. I've already rooted my device and using a custom stock rom. Please suggest any means of increasing the memory.
Thank you in advance.
 
Dhanesh95
Old
(Last edited by Dhanesh95; 25th August 2014 at 03:13 PM.) Reason: Odex script link
#2  
Dhanesh95's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 110
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pune
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantnegi007 View Post
Since we all know that Samsung Galaxy Fit S-5670 has very low internal memory and all because of that i'm finding it difficult to install some the bigger apps. As soon as the memory usage reaches 160 MB it starts notifying me about the low memory. Even when all of my apps are in memory card i still get low memory problem.

I was wondering if there is any way by which i can increase the memory even by a small amount. I've already rooted my device and using a custom stock rom. Please suggest any means of increasing the memory.
Thank you in advance.
You can ODEX your ROM. That will reduce the ROM size to almost 7-8 MB and you'll have the remaining memory to install your apps.. Hope this helps!

Edit: You can find the link to the ODEX script in my signature.
Device :
Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670


ROM :
XWKTI Stock ROM


Scripts :
Universal Odex Script
The Following User Says Thank You to Dhanesh95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Harpratap
Old
#3  
Harpratap's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 584
Posts: 600
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mumbai
I would recommend you to install cronmod int2ext+ script.
Also, try switching from stock to cm7.
I have around 400mb of apps on external memory and 100mb in my data partition.
If you want even more memory you can try other cronmod scripts that mount data on sd-ext
The Following User Says Thank You to Harpratap For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
vikrantnegi007
Old
#4  
vikrantnegi007's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 9
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Roorkee
Smile Thank you very much. One more question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanesh95 View Post
You can ODEX your ROM. That will reduce the ROM size to almost 7-8 MB and you'll have the remaining memory to install your apps.. Hope this helps!

Edit: You can find the link to the ODEX script in my signature.
Thank you very much for your help. I've odexed my whole device and freed up quite a lot of space. But i want to ask you question than can i do this on a Cyanogenmod. I'm planning to flash Cyanogenmod :-[DEV][ROM][4.4]Cyanogenmod 11[WIP][ALPHA-5]
I was wondering it it is possible to Odexed this mod or if these mod are already odexed?
How much space will i have if i flash this rom on my fit device. Thanks.
 
Dhanesh95
Old
(Last edited by Dhanesh95; 26th August 2014 at 04:14 PM.)
#5  
Dhanesh95's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 110
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pune
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantnegi007 View Post
Thank you very much for your help. I've odexed my whole device and freed up quite a lot of space. But i want to ask you question than can i do this on a Cyanogenmod. I'm planning to flash Cyanogenmod :-[DEV][ROM][4.4]Cyanogenmod 11[WIP][ALPHA-5]
I was wondering it it is possible to Odexed this mod or if these mod are already odexed?
How much space will i have if i flash this rom on my fit device. Thanks.
The ROM you mentioned is not ODEXED.. You'll have to ODEX it.. I'm not aware about the memory that will be saved but you can give it a try.. No harm in experimenting

My suggestion: Stick with your current ROM. CM11 is still under development and I'm not sure whether a stable build has been released till date.

The suggestion by @Harpratap is also very useful. You can try that. My SD card is only 2GB which restricts me to do so.
Hope this helps!
Device :
Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670


ROM :
XWKTI Stock ROM


Scripts :
Universal Odex Script
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes