General Discussion on Galaxy Gear Bluetooth Connection with Headsets on Android

OP kbythwood

27th August 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

228 posts
It seems Android development on G Gear has come to a halt and many Dev are working on Tizen .Ive been searching for a way to connect headsets to G Gear without losing android. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by kbythwood; 27th August 2014 at 02:56 PM.
28th August 2014, 12:11 AM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbythwood

It seems Android development on G Gear has come to a halt and many Dev are working on Tizen .Ive been searching for a way to connect headsets to G Gear without losing android. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check with fomey. Had tried for ages with Bluetooth profiles, but couldn't get anything to work
28th August 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 99

305 posts
I posted this in another thread but have you tried the following app together with null rom? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.btoolkit

I've had success getting this app to pair certain headsets to my MotoActv that wouldn't work natively. I haven't tried with my gear as I've had no need.
28th August 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

228 posts
Audio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimis

I posted this in another thread but have you tried the following app together with null rom? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.btoolkit

I've had success getting this app to pair certain headsets to my MotoActv that wouldn't work natively. I haven't tried with my gear as I've had no need.

Thanks for your reply!
I gave this app a try but it lacks the files needed to establish a connection.
after looking into the matter ive notice that Galaxy Gear is missing connection files.
It allows to pair with headset the same way as phones but You can not tap on the device lables (even the phone) in the bluetooth menu to connect to the device the way normal bluetooth connection works .
I tried installing bluetooth fix app, the app gave me error message that the GGear is missing bluetooth folder.

I know alot of people would like to see this function working on Galaxy Gear without going to Tizen, if we could get a Dev to give us hand or if we get some insight on how the bluetooth connection works would be a step forward in getting this to work
31st August 2014, 01:45 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

228 posts
Audio
Ive been looking around and trying a number of bluetooth apps, an l keep getting the error SPP communication failure
Im trying to find a solution to Serial Port Profile (SPP) error
if anyone has any ideas please post !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread