Runtastic FINALLY works with Tizen

OP jonboyuk

5th September 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #11  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 112

329 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboyuk

Right all, see my first post, no extras needed anymore!!

No go! Have Tizen and using TizenMod 3.0 by Skin1980 (running fine). Of course, I have, under apps, the icon for Runtastic app on both phone and Gear, but in Gear only see Runtastic logo/ blue-green picture screen...Have done all what you described...no change in Gear display screen though and not showing any exercise progress...
5th September 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,908

1,173 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel06

No go! Have Tizen and using TizenMod 3.0 by Skin1980 (running fine). Of course, I have, under apps, the icon for Runtastic app on both phone and Gear, but in Gear only see Runtastic logo/ blue-green picture screen...Have done all what you described...no change in Gear display screen though and not showing any exercise progress...

What version of runtastic pro have you installed?
5th September 2014, 10:03 PM   |  #13  
Flag Texas

329 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin1980

What version of runtastic pro have you installed?

Version 5.2 - which specifically asks to set up smart watches Gear, Sony & Pebble. It's running fine on my S5 and confirmed on Gear as an app, but all I get is a non-executable color Runtastic screen after I tick its icon.
When I click the app on my Gear, it opens the runtastic screen on my S5. BUT, Nothing else on my Gear Screen.
Help - Please! Thanks...
Last edited by axel06; 6th September 2014 at 12:42 AM.
6th September 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #14  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,908

1,173 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Version 5.2 - which specifically asks to set up smart watches Gear, Sony & Pebble. It's running fine on my S5 and confirmed on Gear as an app, but all I get is a non-executable color Runtastic screen after I tick its icon.
When I click the app on my Gear, it opens the runtastic screen on my S5. BUT, Nothing else on my Gear Screen.
Help - Please! Thanks...

Have you tryed to uninstall-reboot-install the gear app?
The Following User Says Thank You to Skin1980 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th September 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #15  
Flag Texas

329 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin1980

Have you tryed to uninstall-reboot-install the gear app?

Yes- about 5 times to no avail.
6th September 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #16  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,279

8,813 posts
When it works, it works...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #17  
Flag Texas

329 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

When it works, it works...

How did you get it going, like sequence of opening/ sequence of installing, as well as version on Gear plus Android phone !? Thanks in advance...
14th September 2014, 02:17 AM   |  #18  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,279

8,813 posts
Quote:

How did you get it going, like sequence of opening/ sequence of installing, as well as version on Gear plus Android phone !? Thanks in advance...

Two apps need to be installed. Here they are. The smaller is the Android side of the Tizen-based watch app. I didn't do anything special; just installed from Play and Samsung Apps. The phone s/w has to be "Pro." It doesn't work with the free app.

The Following User Says Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th September 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #19  
Flag Texas

329 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

Two apps need to be installed. Here they are. The smaller is the Android side of the Tizen-based watch app. I didn't do anything special; just installed from Play and Samsung Apps. The phone s/w has to be "Pro." It doesn't work with the free app.

Thanks - my Runtastic Pro is 5.2 - should be ok to run with the Gear version 3.0...but it's not working on my gear, other than opening Runtastic on my S5 (when tapping on Runtastic screen on Gear) and seeing the Runtastic home screen on my Gear...Nothing else...guess they do not want me to run, eh!?
14th September 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #20  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 265

677 posts
More
Holy Shaving cream!!!

I just went to the Samsung app store and searched for Runtastic pro and it was there!!!!

Downloaded and it works perfectly...No rooted gear necessary, completely Tizen stock!

I already have the paid for Pro version on my phone (Galaxy Note 2 with D3 rom, build prop set to s5)....

My life is now complete!!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread