Leaked Galaxy S6 Apps Hit the Forums

more

Watch Styler not showing up in Home screen styler

OP snk012

16th December 2014, 08:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
I can't seem to get Watch Styler to show up in my Home screen styler list of clocks. I can open the app independently but when I was to apply a theme it does not show up in the list of style and downloaded clocks. I've performed a factory reset and still does not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 (MDK) running Hyperdrive Rom RLS 19
Gear Manager 2.2.14.110499
Gear Software Version V700XXECNF1
Watch Styler 1.2.14

Thanks,
19th December 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Bump

I'm guessing there aren't too many people who are having these issues. I did some research online and it seems a lot of people have had this issue before but there aren't any solutions.

I can load the Watch Style app itself just fine and even load themes onto downloaded from gearfaces.com, however when I try to go in Gear Manager and change the clock, Watch Styler doe not show up. It feels almost as there is a missing link somewhere and possibly Watch Styler is not compatible with the latest version of Gear Manager for my phone/watch.

I flashed the latest NK1 Tizen rom and performed a factory reset after uninstalling and re-installing gear manager yet still Watch Styler does not show up. I emailed the developer of Watch Styler to see if they could help but this issue seems new to them and they were not able to replicate it on their end.

Any suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
19th December 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 379

873 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snk012

Bump

I'm guessing there aren't too many people who are having these issues. I did some research online and it seems a lot of people have had this issue before but there aren't any solutions.

I can load the Watch Style app itself just fine and even load themes onto downloaded from gearfaces.com, however when I try to go in Gear Manager and change the clock, Watch Styler doe not show up. It feels almost as there is a missing link somewhere and possibly Watch Styler is not compatible with the latest version of Gear Manager for my phone/watch.

I flashed the latest NK1 Tizen rom and performed a factory reset after uninstalling and re-installing gear manager yet still Watch Styler does not show up. I emailed the developer of Watch Styler to see if they could help but this issue seems new to them and they were not able to replicate it on their end.

Any suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Haven't had that issue myself but perhaps try an older version of Gear Manager as you said. Another thing to try is uninstalling Styler, open gear manager then install Styler again.
19th December 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducter

Haven't had that issue myself but perhaps try an older version of Gear Manager as you said. Another thing to try is uninstalling Styler, open gear manager then install Styler again.

Hey thanks for your reply. I have tried this and it seems when I use an older version of Gear Manager I cannot run it without it updating to the latest. It seems the people who have this similar issue are running a custom rom and the latest version of Gear Manager and Watch Styler.

Just to update, I have found a solution to my problem. I flashed Tizenmod 3.0 yesterday and downloaded Watch Styler from the Samsung App Store. It still was not working so I uninstalled and downloaded/installed the Modded Watch Styler (post 3 of the Tizenmod 3.0 thread) and all is well now. I did a factory reset after I flashed and everything seems to be working.

Not only is Watch Styler now correctly working but I am getting superb battery life (at least I think I am). Watch has been off the charger since 9am and 2 hours later I'm still at 100%. Before it used to drop 5% each hour (this is with a Watch Styler theme applied). I will report back after day's end. I haven't tinkered with any other Tizenmod 3.0 options as I do not have the Tizen SDK but I will look into it.

My only gripe is that these features should work out of the box. Seems like a lot of work to get it working for something so little and the average consumer probably would have gave up or sold the device. Luckily for me that this is a hobby.
The Following User Says Thank You to snk012 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th December 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 379

873 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snk012

Hey thanks for your reply. I have tried this and it seems when I use an older version of Gear Manager I cannot run it without it updating to the latest. It seems the people who have this similar issue are running a custom rom and the latest version of Gear Manager and Watch Styler.

Just to update, I have found a solution to my problem. I flashed Tizenmod 3.0 yesterday and downloaded Watch Styler from the Samsung App Store. It still was not working so I uninstalled and downloaded/installed the Modded Watch Styler (post 3 of the Tizenmod 3.0 thread) and all is well now. I did a factory reset after I flashed and everything seems to be working.

Not only is Watch Styler now correctly working but I am getting superb battery life (at least I think I am). Watch has been off the charger since 9am and 2 hours later I'm still at 100%. Before it used to drop 5% each hour (this is with a Watch Styler theme applied). I will report back after day's end. I haven't tinkered with any other Tizenmod 3.0 options as I do not have the Tizen SDK but I will look into it.

My only gripe is that these features should work out of the box. Seems like a lot of work to get it working for something so little and the average consumer probably would have gave up or sold the device. Luckily for me that this is a hobby.

At least you figured it out and shared your solution for others that may have the same issue.
24th December 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #6  
Flag Monterrey
Thanks Meter: 10

76 posts
More
Just for anyone who has this issue, I had it and had to update gear manager AND watch styler. Working now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread