Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,331 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cannot Connect Gear Manager

Tip us?

mikespe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Default Cannot Connect Gear Manager

Why do I keep getting this message whenever I open up Gear Manager? The Gear is connected via Bluetooth and paired fine. I even installed about 2 apps. I have tried rebooting both the gear and my phone and it worked once but started doing it a few minutes later. It has taken me 4 hours just to get the gear paired with my Note 2 on Nebula
2.3....but I keep seeing thus message. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

mikespe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Can anyone help? I even upgraded to Tizen NE9 & I keep getting this message! I was able to get the Android version working by force closing the Gear 1 Plugin every time I got the message. But I cannot even pair the gear with Tizen. Does anyone else keep getting this message?

dabenaute
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikespe View Post
Can anyone help? I even upgraded to Tizen NE9 & I keep getting this message! I was able to get the Android version working by force closing the Gear 1 Plugin every time I got the message. But I cannot even pair the gear with Tizen. Does anyone else keep getting this message?
hi,which is your gear manager version?The latest is "2.1.14062401" perhaps you have to update yours...
GALAXY NOTE3[KITKAT]X-NOTE BUILD18.0 NF4-N9005
GALAXY NOTE2[KITKAT]X-TREME-N7100XXUFNE2-ver3(RC2)
GALAXY GEAR[TIZEN]SM-V700XXUCFN1
GALAXY SII[JB]LSW-WIZZEDCAT V3.3
IF MY POST HELPED,HIT THANKS

mikespe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
I finally got it to work but I had to flash the Poland NE9 firmware. It was the only one that would connect to Gear Manager. I had tried several versions of Gear Manager including the most recent from the Samsung Store. I am afraid to update to NF1 because of all the issues I had

dabenaute
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
I finally got it to work but I had to flash the Poland NE9 firmware. It was the only one that would connect to Gear Manager. I had tried several versions of Gear Manager including the most recent from the Samsung Store. I am afraid to update to NF1 because of all the issues I had
im running NF1 coming from XEO-NE9

mikespe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabenaute View Post
im running NF1 coming from XEO-NE9
That is the Poland version correct? If I update I will have to reset everything backup....after all I went through to get it working I am worried about updating. What are the changes in the update? I had read that battery life was better on NE9....but it was mixed opinions...

dabenaute
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
That is the Poland version correct? If I update I will have to reset everything backup....after all I went through to get it working I am worried about updating. What are the changes in the update? I had read that battery life was better on NE9....but it was mixed opinions...
yep!(Poland), better battery life right(3 days using) you can change font, good wallpapers...

mikespe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
yep!(Poland), better battery life right(3 days using) you can change font, good wallpapers...
mmmm I can do all that on NE9?

dabenaute
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
mmmm I can do all that on NE9?
my bad FN1 but in general for me TIZEN is better than android the first thing is better battery life

mikespe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
my bad FN1 but in general for me TIZEN is better than android the first thing is better battery life
Oh I totally agree with you!!!! The only think better on Android was all the apps...Tizen is AMAZING on battery! Mine has been off charge for 9 hours and it's still at 89%!!!