Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Cannot Connect Gear Manager

OP mikespe

8th July 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72

537 posts
Why do I keep getting this message whenever I open up Gear Manager? The Gear is connected via Bluetooth and paired fine. I even installed about 2 apps. I have tried rebooting both the gear and my phone and it worked once but started doing it a few minutes later. It has taken me 4 hours just to get the gear paired with my Note 2 on Nebula
2.3....but I keep seeing thus message. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

8th July 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

537 posts
Can anyone help? I even upgraded to Tizen NE9 & I keep getting this message! I was able to get the Android version working by force closing the Gear 1 Plugin every time I got the message. But I cannot even pair the gear with Tizen. Does anyone else keep getting this message?
9th July 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #3  
Flag Quelque part
Thanks Meter: 210

867 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikespe

Can anyone help? I even upgraded to Tizen NE9 & I keep getting this message! I was able to get the Android version working by force closing the Gear 1 Plugin every time I got the message. But I cannot even pair the gear with Tizen. Does anyone else keep getting this message?

hi,which is your gear manager version?The latest is "2.1.14062401" perhaps you have to update yours...
9th July 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

537 posts
I finally got it to work but I had to flash the Poland NE9 firmware. It was the only one that would connect to Gear Manager. I had tried several versions of Gear Manager including the most recent from the Samsung Store. I am afraid to update to NF1 because of all the issues I had
9th July 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #5  
Flag Quelque part

867 posts
More
Quote:

I finally got it to work but I had to flash the Poland NE9 firmware. It was the only one that would connect to Gear Manager. I had tried several versions of Gear Manager including the most recent from the Samsung Store. I am afraid to update to NF1 because of all the issues I had

im running NF1 coming from XEO-NE9
9th July 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

537 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabenaute

im running NF1 coming from XEO-NE9

That is the Poland version correct? If I update I will have to reset everything backup....after all I went through to get it working I am worried about updating. What are the changes in the update? I had read that battery life was better on NE9....but it was mixed opinions...
9th July 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #7  
Flag Quelque part

867 posts
More
Quote:

That is the Poland version correct? If I update I will have to reset everything backup....after all I went through to get it working I am worried about updating. What are the changes in the update? I had read that battery life was better on NE9....but it was mixed opinions...

yep!(Poland), better battery life right(3 days using) you can change font, good wallpapers...
9th July 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

537 posts
Quote:

yep!(Poland), better battery life right(3 days using) you can change font, good wallpapers...

mmmm I can do all that on NE9?
9th July 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #9  
Flag Quelque part

867 posts
More
Quote:

mmmm I can do all that on NE9?

my bad FN1 but in general for me TIZEN is better than android the first thing is better battery life
9th July 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

537 posts
Quote:

my bad FN1 but in general for me TIZEN is better than android the first thing is better battery life

Oh I totally agree with you!!!! The only think better on Android was all the apps...Tizen is AMAZING on battery! Mine has been off charge for 9 hours and it's still at 89%!!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread