Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,646 Members 46,853 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] galaxy gear

Tip us?

korytch
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] galaxy gear

i just bought a galaxy gear and it wont charge. it was working perfectly but once the battery was dying I tried to charge it and nothing is happening, i've tried different chargers and charging it on my laptop, tried another gear on the cradle and it works on the other one. is there anything else I can try?

Bladder61
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I remember post from a long time ago that others experienced this issue when the Gear completely drained battery. They had a hard time getting it charged. Try holding the power button down for 30+ seconds, then retry it in the charger. Also try a search of the forums for "gear wont charge" and see what you get. If I run across anything I will post back.

Good Luck

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

Here is a link to a thread that discusses the issue. Several options that have worked for different owners. Try some of these. Taking it apart and disconnecting/reconnecting the battery seems like the 100% solution, but try some of the other suggestions:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2602956