Post Reply

[Q] Galaxy Gear won't turn on!

OP mvtm

18th July 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Hello.

Galaxy Gear is not turning on! I clic the power button and nothing happens. When i put it to charge all i can see is the battery icon with a circular loading kind of icon. It immediately disappears when i first plug it in. That's the only thing, i'm not able to know if battery charges at all.

I have not used my GG since April because of this. My GG has never been dropped or stained with liquid. It had null rom and i was using it perfectly with my GS4. Perhaps pins are not clean? They look like they are clean and pristine but maybe something is happening? My charging cradle is bad? Or can i try to turn it on any other way without pushing the on button.

Really it has not scratches, i have never dropped my watch or hit it with anything. It seems dead as not being able to turn it on. I don't know what to do, would like to revive it.
18th July 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #2  
440bro's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 418
 
1,201 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
More
Try plugging it into a computer and see what happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to 440bro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro

Try plugging it into a computer and see what happens.

Thank you so much, i think it fixed. Right now i'm seeing the charging icon. Charge at 0% and battery green. I'll leave it plugged into the laptop.

I kind of tried this before, but i don't know why it didn't worked. But now it did. I'm so glad i do not have to dissemble it.
Hope it works.
The Following User Says Thank You to mvtm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #4  
440bro's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 418
 
1,201 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
More
For some mysterious reason, a computers usb power source magically repairs power issues.

Glad it worked!
19th July 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro

For some mysterious reason, a computers usb power source magically repairs power issues.

Glad it worked!

Yep i charged it, and it's running
I've been away. With all these new galaxy gears. How does the original Gear compares to the Gear 2 and Live Gear.

What's the difference between Gear 2 and Live Gear?

So far i think original gear is more or less same in specs than these other 2... and i think Gear 2 and Live Gear are very similar, but Live Gear doesnt have a camera.

I've been living a cave, called college.
19th July 2014, 04:57 AM   |  #6  
FelipeGG's Avatar
Junior Member
Guatemala
Thanks Meter: 4
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Wink Help me
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvtm

Thank you so much, i think it fixed. Right now i'm seeing the charging icon. Charge at 0% and battery green. I'll leave it plugged into the laptop.

I kind of tried this before, but i don't know why it didn't worked. But now it did. I'm so glad i do not have to dissemble it.
Hope it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvtm

Yep i charged it, and it's running
I've been away. With all these new galaxy gears. How does the original Gear compares to the Gear 2 and Live Gear.

What's the difference between Gear 2 and Live Gear?

So far i think original gear is more or less same in specs than these other 2... and i think Gear 2 and Live Gear are very similar, but Live Gear doesnt have a camera.

I've been living a cave, called college.




please help me I have the same problem, how long step from that you connected to the laptop, so I started to load? I already connect to the laptop and nothing happens ...
19th July 2014, 05:53 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelipeGG

please help me I have the same problem, how long step from that you connected to the laptop, so I started to load? I already connect to the laptop and nothing happens ...

Take everything out of the Gear. Connect usb cable to PC. Connect cable to the cradle without the Gear. Then place the Gear in the cradle with the connected cable.

That it what i did, it worked at first try.

Leave them connected 2-3 minutes (i think) if i remember well, and you'll the charging icon changed. It will display 0%.
Leave it connected to PC around 10 mins more to make sure, and then immediately unplugged it and plugged it on a wall charger. It will normally charge and you'll see the % increasing.

That's exactly what i did. Hope it helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to mvtm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2014, 06:01 AM   |  #8  
FelipeGG's Avatar
Junior Member
Guatemala
Thanks Meter: 4
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvtm

Take everything out of the Gear. Connect usb cable to PC. Connect cable to the cradle without the Gear. Then place the Gear in the cradle with the connected cable.

That it what i did, it worked at first try.

Leave them connected 2-3 minutes (i think) if i remember well, and you'll the charging icon changed. It will display 0%.
Leave it connected to PC around 10 mins more to make sure, and then immediately unplugged it and plugged it on a wall charger. It will normally charge and you'll see the % increasing.

That's exactly what i did. Hope it helps.


Bingo! My Gear works! Three hours after plugging it into the laptop lit! already has 13% charge! morning was connected to the laptop 5 hours and nothing happened ... finding must be very patient, thank you for your help!
19th July 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelipeGG

Bingo! My Gear works! Three hours after plugging it into the laptop lit! already has 13% charge! morning was connected to the laptop 5 hours and nothing happened ... finding must be very patient, thank you for your help!

De nada, glad you got it running!
19th July 2014, 06:11 AM   |  #10  
FelipeGG's Avatar
Junior Member
Guatemala
Thanks Meter: 4
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Feliz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvtm

De nada, glad you got it running!

I'm jumping with excitement (te hubiera preguntado en Espaņol con lo que me cuesta el inlges jajaja)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes