FORUMS

Galaxy Gear(SM-V700) stuck in reboot loop, recovery & download mode will not load

111 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By TheNeck, Senior Member on 8th June 2015, 06:35 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
was updating my galaxy gear to mk7 using odin 3.09, once it finished and rebooted, now it's stuck in a reboot loop, and is stuck at the samsung screen(the one right after the samsung logo screen).

i can get into the option to select download or recovery mode, but when i try launching them it just reboots back into the reboot loop.

tried everything thing i found from google and from xda, still can't get past the reboot loop.

any helps would be great, im at my wits end.

8th June 2015, 06:58 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

More
sorry for the post guys, i finally found this post. WHICH WORKED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajidws

I was also stuck for a few hours at SAMSUNG" too after downgrading my Gear back to Android from Tizen... until I found a post here that I'm unable to locate right now. I had to do only one thing slightly different that I'll elaborate below. So when you're soft-bricked at the SAMSUNG logo, do as follows: -
- Long press power button until you see "Rebooting"
- ASA you see that, release the power button momentarily, and now start pressing it and releasing it repeatedly for about 10 times until...
- you see the screen that has the choices to Continue, Download & Recover
- Press the power button to cycle through these choices until Recover is selected

Here's the tricky part now that worked for me after a few tries
- To select Recover now, you'll need to long press power button for about 4 seconds... any less and the selection will cycle to Continue, any more and the Gear will reboot
- If you've pressed it for the right duration, you'll see the green droid man with a message 'installing configurations' or something like that (and the Gear will probably reboot before or after that... forgot that now!)
- Then you'll see the now dreaded SAMSUNG logo again... but if you're holding the Gear in your hands, you'll feel a slight vibration... I KNEW something was going to be different when I felt that and sure enough, the Gear turned on showing the short-cuts to the videos to download the Gear Manager
- The rest should be straightforward.

I can empathize how anyone might be feeling since I went through that sickening feeling for a few hours before hitting jackpot, so if the above doesn't work or if you need any more details, just let me know.

Good luck!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread