Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,915 Members 37,119 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gear running Tizen wont install TWRP Recovery

Tip us?

lee250582
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Gear running Tizen wont install TWRP Recovery

Hi I hope one of you can help me please, ive just got a galaxy gear and I want to run the null rom on it and eventually if they find a way I want to run android wear.

When I put the gear in recovery mode and try to flash null or twrp it just gets stuck on NAND write start !! can anyone please help me ?

Im currently running the latest version of tizen I have tried downgrading to android but I have problems doing that too.

Someone please help

Thanks

Lee B

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 388

DONATE TO ME
You MUST be on android to install twrp. Get that going first.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2776157

lee250582
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro View Post
You MUST be on android to install twrp. Get that going first.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2776157
Hi, thanks for your swift reply, I have already tried that method but when I do try the first tar file I get NAND Write stat error or Odin just closes on me I've been trying it for days now. Any other ideas ? Thanks again

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 388

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee250582 View Post
Hi, thanks for your swift reply, I have already tried that method but when I do try the first tar file I get NAND Write stat error or Odin just closes on me I've been trying it for days now. Any other ideas ? Thanks again
Sorry you're having trouble. I've never had Odin shut down on me before. Maybe you have a corrupt firmware download, or bad drivers. Can you try re-downloading the firmware files and reinstalling the drivers again please.

lee250582
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro View Post
Sorry you're having trouble. I've never had Odin shut down on me before. Maybe you have a corrupt firmware download, or bad drivers. Can you try re-downloading the firmware files and reinstalling the drivers again please.

Hi sorry with the late reply, i was flashing odin wrong i was just adding the AP and not the PIT also, its done now and I'm running Null rom, now I'm just hoping android wear gets ported to the gear one.

Thanks for your help you saved me a lot of stress.
The Following User Says Thank You to lee250582 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]