Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,174 Members 51,693 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google hangouts?

Tip us?

ruffryder281
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Google hangouts?

Which version of google hangouts works on galaxy gear null rom 23, i tried downloading the one from the play store but when i open it i get a pop up box cannot run need to update google play services, but when i do that it ses google play services not capable with this device, so which version of hangouts works on gear?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

ozzmanj1
Old
Thanks Meter 1496
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder281 View Post
Which version of google hangouts works on galaxy gear null rom 23, i tried downloading the one from the play store but when i open it i get a pop up box cannot run need to update google play services, but when i do that it ses google play services not capable with this device, so which version of hangouts works on gear?

I ran it from the play store with no issues. One thing I have is from my wifes Xiaomi phone, there is an app called Google Installer, it allows you to install all the google related framworks as apps. You could try that. Apk is attached. Don't know i it will work. Its designed to install Google services on phones that do not have it preinstalled. Give it a whirl and let me know if it works.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Google installer???????.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1,009.4 KB, 16 views)

ruffryder281
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzmanj1 View Post
I ran it from the play store with no issues. One thing I have is from my wifes Xiaomi phone, there is an app called Google Installer, it allows you to install all the google related framworks as apps. You could try that. Apk is attached. Don't know i it will work. Its designed to install Google services on phones that do not have it preinstalled. Give it a whirl and let me know if it works.
Ok i will try that and let you know, i have another question, at the moment i am using pdanet to tether to the gear, but the gear gets really hot really fast is this normal??

ozzmanj1
Old
Thanks Meter 1496
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder281 View Post
Ok i will try that and let you know, i have another question, at the moment i am using pdanet to tether to the gear, but the gear gets really hot really fast is this normal??

I noticed that too on mine, seems to be standard... unless you overclocked the Gear as I did......