Post Reply

Galaxy Gear with no OS

OP GeekWilliam

18th April 2014, 09:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
I'm not exactly sure but my friend was messing around with his Galaxy Gear and ended up wiping the OS off it. I'm trying to figure out how to fix it. It has the custom recovery on it. I'm able to get it in recovery and download mode but when it tries to boot it doesn't go pass the Samsung logo screen. I know more then he does about this but not sure how to load a rom on it when there is no OS. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
18th April 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #3  
animatechnica's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Freakmont
Thanks Meter: 151
 
748 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Sounds like he did a system wipe, go to download mode and Odin stock


Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekWilliam

I'm not exactly sure but my friend was messing around with his Galaxy Gear and ended up wiping the OS off it. I'm trying to figure out how to fix it. It has the custom recovery on it. I'm able to get it in recovery and download mode but when it tries to boot it doesn't go pass the Samsung logo screen. I know more then he does about this but not sure how to load a rom on it when there is no OS. Any help would be greatly appreciated!



Sent from my Lenovo K900 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to animatechnica For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2014, 07:32 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Thanks! That worked!
20th April 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #5  
rjh1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag So Cal
Thanks Meter: 12
 
240 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
Donate to Me
More
what slot do I put this in in odin?
Thanks, Rick
20th April 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #6  
rjh1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag So Cal
Thanks Meter: 12
 
240 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
Donate to Me
More
ok found I need to put it in PDA (I was running the wrong version) but it still dosent do anything.
messages show:
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..

then sits there....

any help please...

there is NO rom currently loaded in the Gear.
Gear is Rooted, and has TWRP installed.

Thanks Rick
21st April 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #7  
Daved+'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
415 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh1

ok found I need to put it in PDA (I was running the wrong version) but it still dosent do anything.
messages show:
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..

then sits there....

any help please...

there is NO rom currently loaded in the Gear.
Gear is Rooted, and has TWRP installed.

Thanks Rick

That's commonly a computer side software problem, try using a different USB port, restarting your computer, reinstalling drivers, etc
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daved+ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #8  
rjh1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag So Cal
Thanks Meter: 12
 
240 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daved+

That's commonly a computer side software problem, try using a different USB port, restarting your computer, reinstalling drivers, etc

I tried that, but I will try again when I get home tonight. Is it just the Samsung drivers I need?

Thanks Rick
22nd April 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #9  
rjh1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag So Cal
Thanks Meter: 12
 
240 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daved+

That's commonly a computer side software problem, try using a different USB port, restarting your computer, reinstalling drivers, etc

UPDATE: thank you thank you thank you!!! it was the drivers! I uninstalled the Samsung Drivers, rebooted, ran various scanners then rebooted again, then installed the drivers again.

used Odin3 V1.85 and loaded the stock rom in the PDA slot and put the GEAR in download mode.

all installed fine! now to reroot and load NULL again!

Thanks again!
Rick
22nd April 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #10  
Daved+'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
415 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh1

UPDATE: thank you thank you thank you!!! it was the drivers! I uninstalled the Samsung Drivers, rebooted, ran various scanners then rebooted again, then installed the drivers again.

used Odin3 V1.85 and loaded the stock rom in the PDA slot and put the GEAR in download mode.

all installed fine! now to reroot and load NULL again!

Thanks again!
Rick

No problem, I'm glad you worked it out

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes