work with non-samsung devices

OP mattking45

24th August 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

66 posts
More
I was thinking of getting a smartwatch and rooting it then installing a custom ROM that looks like cyanogenmod. I appologize for not knowing the name of the ROM but once I install it could I pair it up with my HTC Droid DNA, or would it only work with Samsung type devices. Also for rooting it, do I have to use a Samsung device. I apologize if I'm confusing things.
25th August 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #2  
Flag Port Perry
Thanks Meter: 50

204 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattking45

I was thinking of getting a smartwatch and rooting it then installing a custom ROM that looks like cyanogenmod. I appologize for not knowing the name of the ROM but once I install it could I pair it up with my HTC Droid DNA, or would it only work with Samsung type devices. Also for rooting it, do I have to use a Samsung device. I apologize if I'm confusing things.

I think you mean Null ROM. There is only 2 custom Roms that I know of, the other is TizenMod. Anyway, you can pair it with almost any device, with limited and variable fuctionality. I think it is more dependant on the version of android you are running. Null ROM comes rooted. Read this thread carefully and search. I think you will find all the answers you need there.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread