Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

updating from tizen to u.s. version of tizen

22nd July 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

46 posts
I am currently running the British version of tizen but would like to try the u.s. version just to see if there are different apps. Tried to use Kies but it didn't work. Any ideas?
Thanks
22nd July 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 22

68 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelslp

I am currently running the British version of tizen but would like to try the u.s. version just to see if there are different apps. Tried to use Kies but it didn't work. Any ideas?
Thanks

Yes, I saw the announcement today that Tizen was finally available in the USA. I live in the USA and have been running the UK version of Tizen for a while, but I thought let me see if the USA version might be an upgrade. I never have luck with Kies so I was going to use Odin which always works well. I went to Sammobile to download the new firmware and decided to wait after I looked at the version number of the USA (Cellular South). It is 2.2.0 vs the 2.2.1.1 version which every other country has including my current UK version. Is this an earlier version of Tizen without the enhancements that come with most of the other Nations firmware? I am holding off on flashing the USA version and sticking with my UK version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	USA Tizen.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	2864308  
22nd July 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

46 posts
From what Samsung said on the website, we would have 140 apps or so. Since I didn't have that many on my version of tizen, I thought I would check out the other one ��
22nd July 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 10

122 posts
More
Quote:

From what Samsung said on the website, we would have 140 apps or so. Since I didn't have that many on my version of tizen, I thought I would check out the other one ��

That have nothing to do with the firmware or tizen version.
It is a thing about the combination of samsung smartphone modell and the gear.
My combination is a s4 gt-i9505+gear 1 running tizen and i see only 49 or 50 total apps in the gear manager app store.
When your phone have root, you can make some changes in the build.prop file to deceive the samsungs gear manager store, as example, a galaxy s5.
Then you have a lot more apps which you can download and install.

Here you can read more details.
Last edited by psycho-sonic; 22nd July 2014 at 08:10 PM.
22nd July 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,887

1,157 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho-sonic

That have nothing to do with the firmware or tizen version.
It is a thing about the combination of samsung smartphone modell and the gear.
My combination is a s4 gt-i9505+gear 1 running tizen and i see only 49 or 50 total apps in the gear manager app store.
When your phone have root, you can make some changes in the build.prop file to deceive the samsungs gear manager store, as example, a galaxy s5.
Then you have a lot more apps which you can download and install.

Here you can read more details.

Pls can u help me? I need watchstyler apk for gear 1 with tizen... Are u so gentle to download it and post here? Tnx anyway

I would like to try but i dont have a sammy device...
22nd July 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 10

122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin1980

Pls can u help me? I need watchstyler apk for gear 1 with tizen... Are u so gentle to download it and post here? Tnx anyway

I would like to try but i dont have a sammy device...

You can download it self on http://gearfaces.com.
On the left side you'll see a blue box, klick on it the apk download starts.
23rd July 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #7  

6 posts
Quote:

Thanks

I upgraded my GG from Android to Tizen using the method on the forums here. When I tried to do it via the "official" Samsung instructions Kies told me it wasn't upgradable. I downgraded my GG to Android (again using the fantastic thread on the forums here) and then did the Kies upgrade. Worked without a hitch. Oh and there are more apps in the store after you get to the official version. And the official version of Tizen for the US is NF1. I can't tell any difference between the Odin flashed version and the official US version except I can "see" more apps in the store. Battery is still great. Speed is the same.
Last edited by joeaux; 23rd July 2014 at 02:41 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to joeaux For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2014, 06:02 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,887

1,157 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho-sonic

You can download it self on http://gearfaces.com.
On the left side you'll see a blue box, klick on it the apk download starts.

I know but that version doesn't work for me.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread