Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 37,047 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

updating from tizen to u.s. version of tizen

Tip us?

rachaelslp
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Talking updating from tizen to u.s. version of tizen

I am currently running the British version of tizen but would like to try the u.s. version just to see if there are different apps. Tried to use Kies but it didn't work. Any ideas?
Thanks

Bladder61
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelslp View Post
I am currently running the British version of tizen but would like to try the u.s. version just to see if there are different apps. Tried to use Kies but it didn't work. Any ideas?
Thanks
Yes, I saw the announcement today that Tizen was finally available in the USA. I live in the USA and have been running the UK version of Tizen for a while, but I thought let me see if the USA version might be an upgrade. I never have luck with Kies so I was going to use Odin which always works well. I went to Sammobile to download the new firmware and decided to wait after I looked at the version number of the USA (Cellular South). It is 2.2.0 vs the 2.2.1.1 version which every other country has including my current UK version. Is this an earlier version of Tizen without the enhancements that come with most of the other Nations firmware? I am holding off on flashing the USA version and sticking with my UK version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	USA Tizen.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	2864308  

rachaelslp
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
From what Samsung said on the website, we would have 140 apps or so. Since I didn't have that many on my version of tizen, I thought I would check out the other one ��

psycho-sonic
Old
(Last edited by psycho-sonic; 22nd July 2014 at 08:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
From what Samsung said on the website, we would have 140 apps or so. Since I didn't have that many on my version of tizen, I thought I would check out the other one ��
That have nothing to do with the firmware or tizen version.
It is a thing about the combination of samsung smartphone modell and the gear.
My combination is a s4 gt-i9505+gear 1 running tizen and i see only 49 or 50 total apps in the gear manager app store.
When your phone have root, you can make some changes in the build.prop file to deceive the samsungs gear manager store, as example, a galaxy s5.
Then you have a lot more apps which you can download and install.

Here you can read more details.

Skin1980
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,842

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho-sonic View Post
That have nothing to do with the firmware or tizen version.
It is a thing about the combination of samsung smartphone modell and the gear.
My combination is a s4 gt-i9505+gear 1 running tizen and i see only 49 or 50 total apps in the gear manager app store.
When your phone have root, you can make some changes in the build.prop file to deceive the samsungs gear manager store, as example, a galaxy s5.
Then you have a lot more apps which you can download and install.

Here you can read more details.
Pls can u help me? I need watchstyler apk for gear 1 with tizen... Are u so gentle to download it and post here? Tnx anyway

I would like to try but i dont have a sammy device...

psycho-sonic
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin1980 View Post
Pls can u help me? I need watchstyler apk for gear 1 with tizen... Are u so gentle to download it and post here? Tnx anyway

I would like to try but i dont have a sammy device...
You can download it self on http://gearfaces.com.
On the left side you'll see a blue box, klick on it the apk download starts.

joeaux
Old
(Last edited by joeaux; 23rd July 2014 at 02:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Thanks
I upgraded my GG from Android to Tizen using the method on the forums here. When I tried to do it via the "official" Samsung instructions Kies told me it wasn't upgradable. I downgraded my GG to Android (again using the fantastic thread on the forums here) and then did the Kies upgrade. Worked without a hitch. Oh and there are more apps in the store after you get to the official version. And the official version of Tizen for the US is NF1. I can't tell any difference between the Odin flashed version and the official US version except I can "see" more apps in the store. Battery is still great. Speed is the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to joeaux For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Skin1980
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,842

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho-sonic View Post
You can download it self on http://gearfaces.com.
On the left side you'll see a blue box, klick on it the apk download starts.
I know but that version doesn't work for me.