Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Upgraded to tizen. Now connection issues

OP jamieross

2nd July 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Armadale
Thanks Meter: 51

212 posts
More
As title suggests I did the upgrade and now I have connection troubles. I place my phone at work in an area that has good reception and I come in and out of the room (kitchen) to do my job just as I was doing before when on android and it's not reconnecting. I think it connects via bluetooth ok it's just gear manager but I'm not sure. Thinking I might go back to android at least I had no problems then. Unless anyone could shed some light?

J

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st August 2014, 07:15 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Armadale

212 posts
More
Any1 else have the same? Considering going back to android

4th August 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #3  
Flag Scarborough
Thanks Meter: 8

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieross

Me and the wife both have connection issues, with the Gear and Note 3's not each other. She's not that bothered, but it annoys the hell out of me. Am on V700XXUCNF1 and Gear Manager 2.1.14071502 using Note 3. When I forst switched to Tizen there were no issues, but with 2 updates the connections have gotten worse. i unpaired the devices and repaired and it made them better, but now battery drain is worse than before, only getting 48 hours or so, before I was on for about 72.
5th August 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 12

84 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by causbrite

Me and the wife both have connection issues, with the Gear and Note 3's not each other. She's not that bothered, but it annoys the hell out of me. Am on V700XXUCNF1 and Gear Manager 2.1.14071502 using Note 3. When I forst switched to Tizen there were no issues, but with 2 updates the connections have gotten worse. i unpaired the devices and repaired and it made them better, but now battery drain is worse than before, only getting 48 hours or so, before I was on for about 72.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieross

You guys are not alone with this. I encountered the same exact issue with Tizer edition Gear1 and that version of Gear Manager with my Note 3. Samsung is absolutely no help at all, and actually took my watch in for service. What they sent back was my watch (all cleaned up- was pretty nice actually), and back on stock version w/ Android. Of course, zero connection issues after receiving it back.... initially. After 2 days of being on stock Android version, I missed the "iPod" functionality of the Tizen OS with the other apps I used. I reinstalled Tizen on the watch, GM updated to the version listed above, and again- can not connect. I tried a few different things but to no avail. I also called and attempted to b*tch out Samsung, but they don't care. What's even scarier, is that they absolutely no idea this is happening.

I found the Tizen downgrade Android thread in here, put Android and Null 23 on my watch and I'm not looking back. once GM updates again I will try it, but if it doesn't work I'm glad that with at least Android on here it is a usable smartwatch. Hope that helps.

Believe me, you guys aren't alone with the connection issues.
8th August 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Armadale

212 posts
More
Yup that's just confirmed me to move and try null rom. Don't mind battery life as charging most nights anyway. J
9th August 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi, I upgraded room for tizem, however can not get past the initial menu, the configuration with the cellphone.
I have a Samsung S7562 Duos, which only worked with Gear with Bluetooth connection.
I can connect the mobile phone with bluetooth for gear, but I can not exit this menu, what can I do?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread