OP Hterag

24th July 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

17 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi all,

I've been working on a simple watch display that gives you a virtual aquarium on the watch. Do you happen to know how I'd go about turning it into a widget? As it is, it launches as a normal app and that's fine but I'd like it to be something like a watch face.

Screenshots:

Screenshot

Video: http://youtu.be/GFWP7N6m8Nk

I think it's cool to have the tiny fish swimming around, the neon tetras swim around as a shoal and the angelfish float around fairly realistically. If you tap the screen, they swim away from where you tapped. It wouldn't be hard to add some other functionality like the ability to feed them by tapping the top of the screen or something but the app closes when the screen times out.

Any comments?

Note: I'm not a graphics artist...
Last edited by Hterag; 24th July 2014 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Added video link.
24th July 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Marlton, NJ
Thanks Meter: 830

2,507 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hterag

Hi all,

I've been working on a simple watch display that gives you a virtual aquarium on the watch. Do you happen to know how I'd go about turning it into a widget? As it is, it launches as a normal app and that's fine but I'd like it to be something like a watch face.

Screenshots:

Screenshot

I think it's cool to have the tiny fish swimming around, the neon tetras swim around as a shoal and the angelfish float around fairly realistically. If you tap the screen, they swim away from where you tapped. It wouldn't be hard to add some other functionality like the ability to feed them by tapping the top of the screen or something but the app closes when the screen times out.

Any comments?

Nice and you now have 11 post! That's one tiny virtual fish tank......lol. Really neat work.

Chris
24th July 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks and here's a video!

http://youtu.be/GFWP7N6m8Nk
The Following User Says Thank You to Hterag For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th July 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 71

488 posts
No offence, it's nice that you're building something, but this is one awful looking aquarium. Perhaps add some water texture, and use better fish images...
26th July 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdlejade

No offence, it's nice that you're building something, but this is one awful looking aquarium. Perhaps add some water texture, and use better fish images...

Well, I was very explicit in the first post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hterag

Feel free to contribute some better images if you want or if you know someone else that could, point them here. I just used those ones temporarily while I got it to do something. They were resized (badly) from another project I had to fit the Gear screen.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread