Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Gio + Cyanogen 11 - Wifi

OP CeilingKitten

23rd August 2014, 04:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello all,

I need some advice. I have tried CM11 roms and Gapps packages, only to break the keyboard or break the audio or severely ruin something, or have no working market place (google play)

I finally got everything working perfect and rebooted to do a nandroid and now the wireless is greyed out and will never turn on. I wiped and started over, setup my phone rebooted, wireless stopped working. I have come to realize that I can never reboot or power down or i have to wipe my phone and start over, as wifi is effectively permanently disabled, I have tried clearing cache and data on the settings app, i have tried rebooting, using CWM recovery menu to "Fix permission" or try reverting to previous backups like the ones i took after i setup my phone, but they no longer have wifi since i rebooted them too. for some ridiculous reason. I cannot ever reboot, run out of battery, etc,.. or i have to reformat and reconfigure all my settings its driving me insane. I've spent a few days with holding swears and refraining from throwing the phone lol.

Please help

I used KitKat 4.4.2 (CyanogenMod 11.0) 20140116 From NovaFusion and i found a Gio-Gapps-4.4.2.zip online it appears to be the only combination that isn't a total horrendous broken mess without audio, keyboard or play store can't even find google servers. Please any recommendation for fixing my wifi or maybe links to an updated or better version of cm would work?

P.S. Jenkins CM11 just says (Status 0) Installation Exiting, and won't install either.
Last edited by CeilingKitten; 23rd August 2014 at 05:04 AM.
23rd August 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #2  
Flag Electrifying
Thanks Meter: 235

1,026 posts
More
For latest cm11(from jenkins maybe), u need CWM 6.0.5.3 recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Galaxy_Rohit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Unhappy
Thank you very much =), I have a new problem now though. I installed CWM from the link you gave me and Jenkins installed, then i factory reset, wiped cache, and wiped dalvik, and rebooted. The Setupwizard crashes though and I can't go any further, I tried flashing Gio-KK-Gapps-4.4.0.zip and rebooted and its still crashes. Any advice?
23rd August 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #4  
Flag Electrifying

1,026 posts
More
Follow this process:
1. Do a clean install of cm11.
2. Reboot & wait for home screen.
3. Switch off & then flash G-Apps.
4. Reboot.

If still force close occurs, just press home button & wait until home screen appears.

Or u may try different G-Apps.:thumbup:

Hope this helps...!!

Btw...there's thanks button for ur ease
The Following User Says Thank You to Galaxy_Rohit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Everything works except the keyboard, but i uninstalled the keyboard and used ADB to install a new one. Thank you very much for your help =)!
25th August 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #6  
Flag Electrifying

1,026 posts
More
ur welcome bro
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread